How to find true date of cd burning

vbimport

I have an audio CD and has one file only. I want to know the actual date of which it was burnt. On opening the properties box it is showing the date of creation as 20.01.1998 but I know this date is not true.

The date the file was originally created is shown in Windows properties for all files and won’t show date of burning. There’s no way I know to determine date of burning other than creating a folder on date of burning and placing the file in the created folder. Then the folder date will be shown in properties which will match burning date only if the folder is created on that same date while the file will continue to show date originally created.

For example my ghost.exe file from Ghost 2003 shows a 2003 date even though it wasn’t burned to another CD until 3/30/09, and I didn’t even buy Ghost 2003 until 2005 if memory serves. The only way I now date of burn is the folder I created to move ghost.exe to when I burned the CD.

Thank you for the response Take for example I change the date and time of my system and then I create any filles and write in the CD. The property will show the date and time of creating the said file which I have changed to my choice. My question is, how can we ascertain the true date and time of creating that file.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2487839]The date the file was originally created is shown in Windows properties for all files and won’t show date of burning. There’s no way I know to determine date of burning other than creating a folder on date of burning and placing the file in the created folder. Then the folder date will be shown in properties which will match burning date only if the folder is created on that same date while the file will continue to show date originally created.

For example my ghost.exe file from Ghost 2003 shows a 2003 date even though it wasn’t burned to another CD until 3/30/09, and I didn’t even buy Ghost 2003 until 2005 if memory serves. The only way I now date of burn is the folder I created to move ghost.exe to when I burned the CD.[/QUOTE]

Take for example I change the date and time of my system and then I create any filles and write in the CD. The property will show the date and time of creating the said file which I have changed to my choice. My question is, how can we ascertain the true date and time of creating that file.

Changing system time and date to incorrect time and date will result in properties showing time and date based on incorrect settings, and there’s no way to determine true time and date if system time and date are incorrectly set.