How to find the best audio converter?

vbimport

I am looking for the best audio converter.
Yesterday just search by Google and find it out tones of converters like http://www.myformatfactory.com/
They cost 25 dollars :eek:
Is that not too expensive?
Had somebody used them?
What other converters you can recommend?

I would recommend this program, xilisoft audio converter

I recommend Format Factory…Free, easy to use, fast and covers nearly every audio format and can rip directly from CD. It also does video.

Also free, useful and very powerful is Super

Have fun
:slight_smile:

I am looking for the best audio converter.

A lot depends on what format to what format. Me? I use CDEx and WinAmp and Audacity and Total Recorder, depending on what I’m coming from and going to.

I just love these what are ‘bessst’ quests…
What 'best works for [I]me[/I], olyteddy pretty much sums it up with,
"A lot depends on what format to what format.depending on what I’m coming from and going to."
f2k, Mediamonkey,WinAmp, EAC, DBPA, Audacity,etc etc etc…
Too many to choose, what is ‘best’…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2490603]I just love these what are ‘bessst’ quests…
What 'best works for [I]me[/I], olyteddy pretty much sums it up with,
"A lot depends on what format to what format.depending on what I’m coming from and going to."
f2k, Mediamonkey,WinAmp, EAC, DBPA, Audacity,etc etc etc…
Too many to choose, what is ‘best’…[/QUOTE]

Well, I think that you ll execuse myself for those bessst question, I am newbie and just starting to learn new information about files, different formats and so on.
And still dont understand why is commercial converter better than free converter. :o

And still dont understand why is commercial converter better than free converter.

That’s not always the case. LAME is regarded as an excellent MP3 encoder and it’s free; FLAC (a lossless format) is also free; CDEx (for ripping CDs, using LAME) is free; Audacity is free; etc. The main difference between free and paid software is that free software is sometimes not as ‘polished’ as paid software. In a lot of cases, though, the free stuff works better.

I like Format Factory for many conversions.
I also like dBpowerAMP I use an older version with all the codecs it will allow.
So far only the Apple lossless & the old ­Fraunhofer­ which is obsolete anyway didn’t work.
The Apple did a conversion but nothing but VLC would play it.
I understand dBpowerAMP trial version will go to a newer free version after the trial.Probably all the free codecs could be added to it.
EAC will also compress from .wav to other formats. If properly set it does a nice .mp3 file.It & dBpowerAMP are almost the same when checked with EncSpot.
The best way is to fill your toolbox do some testing & use what sounds best to you.

Agree with you , but they cost not that cheap, some of them 10 dollars, some 50 dollars, and I dont want to spend money for something that bad at all, thats why I am here :bow:

All the ones I posted are free. dBpowerAMP is a limited free version after the trial if you can’t find an older version from when it was freeware. I’m using version 10.1
I don’t have some of the programs others suggested but I do have some of them & most are are free too.
So you need to see if you can find them free.Where are you downloading them from & what is the charge for these programs ? I’m sure the people that wrote them & are offering them free would like to know.

@ krris,
Have you at least tried any of the apps/tools suggested?..Most if not all of them are free, and do work…Else (we) would not have recommended them…At least they work for most of us…:wink:
Paid software doesn’t necessarily guarantee a quality product, however there are exceptions…dBpoweramp for instance…FYI, when the trial period ends, conversions to other formats is still achievable, just not to MP3…
That said you should be able to find/achieve your goal with the SW suggested, for [I]free[/I]…I use foobar2k, as well as others…Check it out!
Try them all out, and fill your toolbox as stated…I’m confident you’ll find something that will work “best” for [I]you[/I]…:wink:
Good luck!..:smiley:

[QUOTE=Krris;2494166]Agree with you , but they cost not that cheap, some of them 10 dollars, some 50 dollars, and I dont want to spend money for something that bad at all, thats why I am here :bow:[/QUOTE]
One of my favorite audio tools, Total Recorder cost me $12 6 (or more) years ago. That works out to about half a cent a day. By comparison, my internet connection costs me about $1.6 a day…:eek:

I ll try all of them, be sure :slight_smile: and ll let you know about the results.

:flower: Its a great conveter, one of the best conveter that I had been try to use.

[QUOTE=Krris;2497900]:flower: Its a great conveter, one of the best conveter that I had been try to use.[/QUOTE]

That´s cool…but WHICH one???

[LEFT]Format Factory and myformatfactory, both of them :iagree:[/LEFT]

I hadn’t heard of “myformatfactory” so I went to it’s site.It is a paid software.
I didn’t try it or see if it had a trial version.
I don’t need another one right now anyway.
Obviously an attempt to cash in on the real Format Factory name.