How to find out the total number of burns?

Is there a way to find out how many burns has a device made so far?

I don’t think so.

Do you mind telling us why you want to know how many burns a drive has made? It’s quite an unusual request you see.

That would be cool feature :slight_smile: … HDDs report power on hours count etc. so why not make burns count too.

printers have a page counter too…call me an uber geek, but a burn counter would be a cool feature in a drive :iagree:

Well, I’ve heard somewhere (can’t remember where) that writers have some sort of a counter. Just wanted to make sure whether it’s true or not.

When you have a Plextor drive with Plextols or PxInfo 1.25 there is a feature which shows you the time a drive has been used to burn.
You will have to look at Plextor Info Utility or in Plextools’ Email Plextor.
You will find a line something like this:
ID0 (H) Plextor DVDR PX760A V### TLA#### (S/N######) (##.##.##X-##.##.##X)
now # means a number a X a Letter.
How to read this information:
First there is the ID and driveletter with model number and the Firmware Version number (V###) and then TLA number (TLA####) followed by the Serial Number of the drive. Now the information about the time is the one following after the Serial number.
The first one shows the burning time of CD-Rs and the second of DVDs.
If it says 10.10.56A-12.45.30A then this means 10hrs10min56s for CD-R and 12hrs45min30s for DVD. Please note that this is only the total time which was used to burn discs and does not say how many discs have been written to.

Interesting information, Koba.

So what does X means? I’m guessing X means days cycles?

ID 0 (L:) PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A V1.10 TLA:0310 (S/N:xxxxxx) (2.54.18D - 19.10.4D)
ID 1 (I:) PLEXTOR DVDR PX-712A V1.09 TLA:0109 (S/N:xxxxxx) (3.23.14D - 36.45.3D)
ID 0 (G:) PLEXTOR DVDR PX-760A V1.04 TLA:0104 (S/N:xxxxxx) (0.19.53A - 7.40.52D)

:eek:

Zevia: hmm…that is a good question. but it seems that its only A and D. I never saw something else besides those letters.

Total number of burns? :doh: :doh: :doh: Why God Why? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I don`t know the total of burns that my recorders made but one thing i know for sure: I will know when the drive makes the last one… because it broke down… :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Do you know which printers support it? Maybe there is some software for that? I like that idea too :slight_smile: … sorry for OT