How to fight with slowness of Android device?

vbimport

Hi all,

I know you all must have encountered that sometimes your device runs slow and we keep thinking why its so? Many people walk to stores just to fix the lags. I would say this could be fixed a home connivence i.e. by cleaning up your Android device periodically. So, What I use to do with my device to keep it working smooth is:

• Clearing the Temporary files with the help of some cleaners.
  • Installing the apps only from PlayStore.

What you all do to fight with the slowness ?

To get an IOS device :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Doris014;2739015]To get an IOS device :P[/QUOTE]

Well, that’s funny getting and iOS device to fight with the lags :clap: that was the most funny answer I have heard :bow: ! I must say quite a good move ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Roughly once a year I do a factory reset on my Android based phone.

Before I do this, the main thing I check is that I have anything I would like to keep backed up or copied off, such as contacts, photos, videos and any note based applications. I generally don’t play games, so am not sure what would be involved to backup game scores.

I then carry out a full reset and set it up like as if I just upgraded my phone, restoring my contacts, e-mail settings, etc.

Although it can take an hour or two to go through this process, I still find it quicker than endlessly trying one cleaner tool after another. There was one cleaner tool (can’t remember the name) I got from Google Play that got my phone stuck in a reboot loop, which took quite a while for me to figure out how to resolve.

[QUOTE=Seán;2739024]Roughly once a year I do a factory reset on my Android based phone.

Before I do this, the main thing I check is that I have anything I would like to keep backed up or copied off, such as contacts, photos, videos and any note based applications. I generally don’t play games, so am not sure what would be involved to backup game scores.

I then carry out a full reset and set it up like as if I just upgraded my phone, restoring my contacts, e-mail settings, etc.

Although it can take an hour or two to go through this process, I still find it quicker than endlessly trying one cleaner tool after another. There was one cleaner tool (can’t remember the name) I got from Google Play that got my phone stuck in a reboot loop, which took quite a while for me to figure out how to resolve.[/QUOTE]

Well, that’s another great option backing things up and perform a complete factory resetting ! :iagree:

[QUOTE=John Farrell;2739013]
What you all do to fight with the slowness ?[/QUOTE]

I use App Master and Greenify to prevent apps loading themselves automaticly in memory…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2739031]I use App Master and Greenify to prevent apps loading themselves automaticly in memory…[/QUOTE]

Did Greenify really works out ?? I have tried installing the free version of Greenify it get me irritated … so I’d uninstalled it out ! :sad:

What kind of device do you have John? I have to say that so far I haven’t suffered from any lag ( I have my phone about a year now (release data of Nexus 5 was October 31 2013)

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2739034]What kind of device do you have John? I have to say that so far I haven’t suffered from any lag ( I have my phone about a year now (release data of Nexus 5 was October 31 2013)[/QUOTE]

I am using samsung tab2 and so far I do haven’t suffered much lag but I would rather created this thread to discuss, what needs to be done in regular basis to get the most out of your device. :wink: And Nexus5 I guess isn’t going to suffer any lag because it updates frequently but this lag problem are always common with the Samsung devices. :doh:

It’s always good to discuss these things anyway John as you never know what others experiences are or what new stuff they might point you to. :iagree:

Kind of what we’re here for really. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=John Farrell;2739033]Did Greenify really works out ?? I have tried installing the free version of Greenify it get me irritated … so I’d uninstalled it out ! :sad:[/QUOTE]

It works for me…rooted Note 2…is your device rooted?

[QUOTE=roadworker;2739202]It works for me…rooted Note 2…is your device rooted?[/QUOTE]

No, I am not rooted ! I have tried using Greenify over the unrooted device but it doesn’t shows any changes which makes me removing it down and currently I am using Du-Battery saver ! :iagree:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2739193]It’s always good to discuss these things anyway John as you never know what others experiences are or what new stuff they might point you to. :iagree:

Kind of what we’re here for really. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you :iagree: over my past experience I learned that everyone has something new to share and learning their tricks is what I feel interesting.

[QUOTE=John Farrell;2739238]No, I am not rooted ! I have tried using Greenify over the unrooted device but it doesn’t shows any changes which makes me removing it down[/QUOTE]

Older versions worked only well with rooted devices,but maybe it’s time to try again:

Update from 10/11/2014

Automated hibernation in non-root mode is finally stable in most devices

[QUOTE=roadworker;2739251]Older versions worked only well with rooted devices,but maybe it’s time to try again:

Update from 10/11/2014[/QUOTE]

Okay I guess I am going to give it a shot again, I will install it again and will let you know about my feedback.