How to Export DVD file in Premiere

vbimport

OK so I figured out that I choose Format: MPEG2-DVD, right?

So I also determined that my source was 720x480 and 29.97. I suppose this is “NTSC”, right?

So my problem is the Preset: What’s the High/Low Quality and Progressive thing. And what’s the Widescreen supposed to do…because selecting it doesn’t change the 720x480.

Which Preset should I pick?

And what’s the Comments field for? Can I change it and some text gets embedded in my file?

Thx for any help.

High and Low are referring to the quality for your dvd file. I always select the highest quality possible. Progressive, is an option you can use, if you have a progressive scan dvd player.

If you use the HELP function in Premiere, you should find answers to this type of question.

[quote=harley2ride;2169961]High and Low are referring to the quality for your dvd file. I always select the highest quality possible. Progressive, is an option you can use, if you have a progressive scan dvd player.

If you use the HELP function in Premiere, you should find answers to this type of question.[/quote]

What happens if you don’t have a progressive scan DVD player or put it in one? Does it not work? Or it just plays it interlaced? Does it flicker?

I found this that was helpful:
http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/player/index.cfm?id={921AA0AD-D95B-420E-B795-85703C0F6213}&redirect=no

If you aren’t sure which type of player you will be using, then don’t select progressive scan.

Lower is the default for dv I would leave it at that and the ratio does not change the 720x480 though the actual pixels size changes

Lower Resolution is the default for “DV”? What’s DV? Like those tapes in the video camera? Is that the same as “DVD Quality”?

When you mean the pixels stretch, do you mean that the computer actually uses more pixels than 720 for the horizontal length?

What does a TV do? Just strectch the pixels in the horizontal dimension?

Hi I said lower fields not lower resolution in premier you would be using dv as in dv_avi and with pixels video uses non square pixels and in widescreen the number is the same but widescreen pixels are wider regardless of whether on tv or pc.
The approximatev ratios are for 4;3 the pixels are 90%as wideas they are tall and about 120% as wide for 16:9