How to enable software compatibility mode in the settings for AnyDVD?

I installed DVDNextoneCOPY today and the program gives me the messags:

The target folder is not empty. Do you want to overwrite it? Do you want to overwrite the content? I answer “Yes”. Then I get the message “DVDneXTCOPY detected AnyDVDas active. In order to use external softwareyou need to enable the software compatability mode.” I do not know what to do to enable the software mode.

Open DVD neXt COPY and when you click on the new button select the box that says compatibility mode. :slight_smile:

Dr. Who,

I am new to the product as i’ve recently purchased Ultimate. I have been successful is backing up a couple of my movies for disaster recovery purposes. The problem is that when i try to restore to a new dvd it will not play in any of the stand-alone players. It plays fine if i try the dvd in the computer. I read about compatability mode vs editable mode and i think compatability may do the trick. I saw your original response to the question but i don’t see that box in my version. Please help and sorry for such a basic questions.

Thank you!

Need more info:

What burner?

What blank type of media?

What burn setting speed?

Thank you for the quick response.

Burner - Sony DRU-540A 1.0b
Burner - PBDS ± RW DH-16W1S 2D15 - this came in my Dell at purchase.
DVD Player - Toshiba SD-H400
DVD Player - Phillips DVD704

Sony DVD-R ver 2.1/1x-16x
Maxell DVD-RW
Maxell DVD+RW
TDK DVD-R - 16x
TDK DVD+R - 16x
DVD-R Ver 2.1/16x Rev 6.0 with AZO recording dye

Is the compatable or editable a setting on the DVD Burner itself or within the nextcopy software?

Again thank you and I welcome any questions that might get me further.

What movies and is this a direct burn meaning you burn after the copying stage? I just can’t replicate this on my end but I am using a PS3 for playback too though. Also what are your burn rate settings? Shouldn’t be over 12x.

by direct copy i think you mean that i put the disc in and let it copy and then directly put a blank disc is and let it write back or since i have two burners then read from one directly to the other. when i try to copy directly i don’t see the options to do that as it lists in the user guide. i am backing up to a hard drive and then burning back to new blank.

i know that it shouldn’t be this hard.

Dr. Who,

Sorry you asked another question that I didn’t answer. I have tried to burn at 12x, 8x, 4x and 1x. I read somewhere else on line that sometime it works better if you do it at 1/2 the x that the disc says it can handle. The last couple I did at 1x figuring it couldn’t hurt anything.

I am going to try the direct copy method again and see if it will let me now. I will post back in a few minutes.

I just tried the direct copy with a brand new Sony DVD-R that I listed earlier. The Source is the Burner - PBDS ± RW DH-16W1S 2D15 and the Target is the Sony. When I click “Copy Now” I get the message:

Not enough DiskSpace
The selected path does not contain enough diskspace to save the project. Please choose another path.

As mentioned earlier, it is a brand new disc that is the target. This has been the typical message regardless of what type of media i use in the target.

More information…

I also tried using the Sony as the source and the PBDS as the target and i get the same error. I tried using Sony as both the source and the target and using the PBDS as the source and the target. At each try i get that same error message.

Based on that error message, I have one other thought. Do the product try to cache the burn content on the same drive that it is installed? In other words, I have the App installed on the c:\ drive so does it try to cache it there also? I looked in the Settings of the nextCopy for a place I could designate where i wanted it to cache and I don’t see that. There isn’t more than 1GB left on my c:\ drive but there is a few hundred GB on my d:\ drive. Do i need to uninstall and re-install the App on my d:\ drive so it will have enough or is that not the way it works?

What title are you trying to copy? Burning too slow will hurt as well. What I was saying on directly was to read with one drive then auto burn to the next. Are we using the machinist or anydvd or dvd43?

Read my reply and answer it all there is no need to be in a hurry.

Thanks

sorry for the delay as i had to go on a halloween run.
i am using machinist.
dvd titles are Barbie -Farytopia, Barbie-Rapunzel and Oceans 13 as of now. many more to go but don’t want to spend the time until i know it is working correctly.

For the not enough disk space message try changing the Temporary Path in settings General to your other Hard drive with more space available

Thank you GJ! Changing that removed the error message.

I just tried a direct copy onto one of the Sony DVD-R media and it finished burning just fine but on playing back in the stand-alone i go a disc error on the player’s screen. Not much help with that message as it could mean almost anything. I will try in a little bit with one of the Verbatim’s and see if the same thing happens.

Thank you GJ I would of never thought of that.

[QUOTE=remmuh1;2460133]Thank you GJ! Changing that removed the error message.

I just tried a direct copy onto one of the Sony DVD-R media and it finished burning just fine but on playing back in the stand-alone i go a disc error on the player’s screen. Not much help with that message as it could mean almost anything. I will try in a little bit with one of the Verbatim’s and see if the same thing happens.[/QUOTE]

Are you using the most recent version of [B]Ultimate[/B]

Also for those Sony blanks lower the burn speed to 4x speed.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2460161]Thank you GJ I would of never thought of that.[/QUOTE]
Your welcome Doc

GJ,

I tried the Verbatim with no difference.
Running version 3.0.5.6 and downloaded it on 23 Oct. 2009.
I’d tried buring both the Sony and Verbatim at 1x. I will increase it to 4x and try the Sony again. I’ll post back later today when that is done.

Thank you!

Do the burn at half the rated speed. Too slow will cause playback issues.

I think you might have a filter that might need to be removed so could you do what is listed below thanks

First download then install and open Imgburn.

The Official ImgBurn Website

Then Click tools then filter drive load order :

Here is a screen shot of my filters installed.

Now select copy to clipboard this is a temp storage and in your reply you would right click on the white boxed area and select paste this will allow you to post your filters on your system. Doing this would help us assist you on burning problems.

Now if told so you need to highlight the filter that you were told to remove and then hit the remove filter button so it will delete it off your system.

Side note all my filters are fine and none were deleted the screen shots are for an example only and not meant to say remove that filter. [B][U]Removing the wrong filter can render you computer inoperable. So when asked listen to us and select the right one when told to do so.[/U][/B] There is no easier way to do this than what I provided. We hope that users will see these threads and learn from it as well.

GJ,

Thank you for the additional suggestion.
If it helps any, earlier today I downloaded DVDShrink and ImgBurn. I backed up one of my discs, mentioned earlier, with DVDShrink and then used ImgBurn and it worked perfectly in both of my DVD players using a Maxell DVD +RW mentioned earlier. Only bummer about that is that I don’t see ImgBurn working with Blu-Ray.

Interesting that your post also talked about ImgBurn. It worked perfectly and I then tried repeating the process with the DVDnextcopy on both +RW and -R discs. No luck.

Below are my filters from ImgBurn:

===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.0.0
===============================================
Upper Device Filter:  redbook
 Upper Class Filter:  [None Found]
             Device:  CD/DVD-ROM Device
 Lower Class Filter:  DLACDBHM
 Lower Class Filter:  DRVMCDB
 Lower Class Filter:  PxHelp20
Lower Device Filter:  imapi
        Filter Name:  redbook
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
       File Version:  5.1.2600.3311 (xpsp.080212-0003)
   File Description:  Redbook Audio Filter Driver
       Product Name:  Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Product Version:  5.1.2600.3311
       Company Name:  Microsoft Corporation
          Copyright:  © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
        Filter Name:  DLACDBHM
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\DLACDBHM.SYS
       File Version:  9.05.02a [9.5.2.0]
   File Description:  Shared Driver Component
       Product Name:  
    Product Version:  [1.0.0.1]
       Company Name:  Roxio
          Copyright:  Copyright © 2006 Roxio
        Filter Name:  DRVMCDB
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\DRVMCDB.SYS
       File Version:  8.10.42a [8.10.42.0]
   File Description:  Device Driver
       Product Name:  
    Product Version:  [1.0.0.1]
       Company Name:  Sonic Solutions
          Copyright:  Copyright © Sonic Solutions
        Filter Name:  PxHelp20
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
       File Version:  3.00.40a [3.0.40.0]
   File Description:  Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
       Product Name:  PxHelp20
    Product Version:  [2.0.0.0]
       Company Name:  Sonic Solutions
          Copyright:  Copyright © Sonic Solutions
        Filter Name:  imapi
          File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
       File Version:  5.1.2600.3311 (xpsp.080212-0003)
   File Description:  IMAPI Kernel Driver
       Product Name:  Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Product Version:  5.1.2600.3311
       Company Name:  Microsoft Corporation
          Copyright:  © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Interesting that you were able to use another software but these two filters needs removed from your system. Refer to the how to post your filters to remove these two. DRVMCDB, DLACDBHM

Dr. Who,

I will take a look at that later today, then test it out again and post back.

Thank you for the help!