How to edit subtitles in .sub .idx format?

vbimport

I’m having a problem where convertxtodvd won’t convert xvid movies that have more than one subtitle track. there are three sub tracks (english, english & french) all bundled into one .sub .idx file, so I want to cut it down to only one sub track and see if convertxtodvd will be able to handle it like that.
so could someone recommend a software or tutorial that will help me this?
or any help advice on this matter would be great

thanks

[QUOTE=creative_nick;2109143]so could someone recommend a software
or any help advice on this matter would be great

thanks[/QUOTE]

Answer:

FMV5.99 Download page - Click Here

[B]Edit:[/B] Moderators note - please don’t link directly to downloads, especially .exe files. Better to give the URL leading to a provider of the download. Your original link has been replaced.

thanks, I’ll give it a shot if the download ever completes

well I installed it and the app just won’t run, some of the other stuff in the fmv directory runs but those all seem useless without the main program. anyways thanks for trying to help

(sorry for the double post, The edit button is missing :S)

[QUOTE=creative_nick;2109397]well I installed it and the app just won’t run, some of the other stuff in the fmv directory runs but those all seem useless without the main program. anyways thanks for trying to help

(sorry for the double post, The edit button is missing :S)[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that but here is the solution:

Before installing…
Just adjust your clock to August 12 2005 and, now, you can use it. Now remember to adjust your clock to original date. (if you entered a license key)
Note: since you already installed it you are gonna have to enter a license key sorry. :frowning:

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2109376]
[B]Edit:[/B] Moderators note - please don’t link directly to downloads, especially .exe files. Better to give the URL leading to a provider of the download. Your original link has been replaced.[/QUOTE]

Sorry kidd, I seen some people post a direct link to the download and, like in the slysoft threads and, I thought it was okay here :flower:

LOL!! any app that requires me to roll my clock back to 05 is not gonna be used by me, and after looking at some of the sub-apps that came with it I’ve decided there’s no way that this is gonna help me… uninstalled and never gonna look at that garbage again.

I did google before starting this thread and there was allot of sub editing apps to choose from and most of 'em looked dodgy. I thought a forum like this would have heaps of people who could tell me which ones are good and reliable?

OK I’ve moved this to the Video Edit forum, where you might get more help.

I. AM. AN. IDIOT!!! :iagree::o All I had to do was download some better subs than the ones that came with the video and convertX is doing the job just fine now. FFS I 've spent hours trying different apps and shit for nothing.:a

@Macrovision3500 thanks for trying to help but I got that app working and it’s garbage, maybe if they spent less time of the colorful GUI and more on making it practicle it might get somewhere. but I also tried some of the top apps like vobsub, subtitle workshop and avidemux and they were unable to do what I wanted either