How to : dvd to vcd or svcd or wma to vcd, svcd?

ive had no luck with ripping this damn dvd movie and trying to make it an svcd or vcd movie. is there any really easy programs that’ll do it for you?
i also have the movie in wma format, and used nreo to turn it into an svcd and vcd movie (which kinda worked). it played fine on my home apex player, but it cut out the audio. the process is so damn long changing the wma format over to an svcd or vcd that i would like to know what im doing wrong. i use nero express, create video cd, drag the wma file over then it decodes (for like 2 hours) and burns, but no dam AUDIO.
i would prefer to do it off the dvd though cause i know tha quality will be better. any help would be great.
thanks. :wink:

www.dvd2svcd.org :slight_smile:

Very easy program.

Eazy VCD is also an absolute no brainer for converting dvds to vcd format. Even I can do it and I know absolutely nothing about dvd ripping and conversion. :slight_smile:

thanks guys. i think im gonna try the eazy vdc next, but the dvd to vcd is ripping now. i was having problems with the craft decoder or something, but i dowloaded the trial version and its going through its steps. how long should it take on a dual pIII 1ghz setup with 512 mb ram? would it be faster on my athlon 1600+ with 512 ddr ram?
i hope it comes out good cause it takes too damn long to be screwed up.
how come backing up a dvd cant be as easy as a cd :confused:

damnit the cinema craft encoder started and the program hung… time to try the other program :rolleyes:

Originally posted by philamber
Eazy VCD is also an absolute no brainer for converting dvds to vcd format. Even I can do it and I know absolutely nothing about dvd ripping and conversion. :slight_smile:

Agree 100%! :wink:

I started using Eazy VCD on Friday and was a sceptic to say the least. I thought that no way could it produce VCD’s to the quality I wanted and that maybe it was another piece of cr@p like Dup-DVD.

But hey!!! I was dead wrong! This prog is fantastic! I’ve done about 8 films since then and every single one apart from Terminator 2 has worked beautifuly with Eazy VCD. The results are fantastic IMO and all it takes is “one” click, what could be easier?

In fact I have “The Third Man” being encoded by TMPGenc on my laptop as I speak! :cool:

This prog has a Great future! :bow: :bow: :bow:

thanks… eazy vcd was the way to go. flawless rip :bigsmile:

How to backup your DVD to SVCD

[b][i]The old Tuts posted here have been removed. You can always see the latest Tutorials in the Tutorial section at http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=66

ChickenMan[/i][/b]

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

I took the liberty of liberating a few links from your post… :slight_smile:

@ Shoebedobedoo
No-one disputes ChickenMan’s expertise in this area, least of all me, but for vcds at any rate, if you don’t know what you’re doing (like me), the easiest solution is to use Eazy VCD which does all the ripping, conversion and cutting for you with one click of a button.

Then once you’ve done the conversion to mpeg format, just burn each part as a video cd with nero express using the default options for an outstanding result or, if you’ve chosen to save in bin/cue format, just burn them to cdrs with the program of your choice.

Nothing could be simpler and you don’t have to know anything to be successful.

philamber,
I agree with you :smiley:

Shoebedobedoo

Yep, ChickenMan is the font of knowledge in S/VCD/DVD etc, not sure if he’s tried Eazy VCD yet…he was going to but CDRSoft has been down for a few days so I’ve not been able to see his findings on this yet. But I’m sure even he will agree that this really is the biz for VCD!!! :bigsmile:

I’ve now done 15 DVD rips with Eazy VCD, I have had a few problems though.

1. Terminator 2. > Just will not get to encoding stage.

2. Austin Powers. > Audio out of sync.

3. The Pledge. > Will not get to encoding stage.

Apart from that all films produced have been perfect IMHO. So one very happy bunny here! :cool:

Chickenman has already tested the program and is at the moment considering a small tut for members. One big disadvantage with Eazy VCD, you can’t rip subtittles.
But I don’t really mind because I don’t go VCD route…as DVD2SVCD is the ONLY way to go :smiley:

Originally posted by Lazza
[B]I’ve now done 15 DVD rips with Eazy VCD, I have had a few problems though.

1. Terminator 2. > Just will not get to encoding stage.

2. Austin Powers. > Audio out of sync.

3. The Pledge. > Will not get to encoding stage.
    [/B]

I had the same problem as you did with Terminator 2 and The Pledge with Monsters Inc. Just couldn’t get to encoding stage. Vstrip produced some sort of error message when doing the initial scan and I got a windows protection error. (Wish I knew enough to know why.) Mind you, it’s the only one I haven’t been able to rip so I’m not complaining.

No problem at all with Austin Powers though. Perhaps you should try again and test the mpegs with wmp or whatever before burning.

Note: If cdrsoft forums are down, any tutorial from ChickenMan will, no doubt, appear at CDR Times as he is also an Admin of its forum. (We might even get lucky and have him post it here since he is a member, though not all that frequent a visitor.)

Hi guys, yes I have tried EazyVCD recently and I must admit its a fantastic little program.

Yep couple of problems, it cant do Subtitles but neither can my Tut posted above! The included TMPGenc has a 30day limit and needs to be purchased/cracked/serial to allow it to continue.

I dont like that you have no option to install other than C: drive nor to use the software version you already have on your PC, but then would distract from the ever simple program it is.

The best bit about the program is its written by an Aussie, like me ! :bigsmile:

I’m not Admin at CDR-Times, just a Mod there. I have some Tuts posted there but not all. Yes I do vistit here when ever I can, just I use Netscape and the Forum button doesnt work with it from the main CD-Freaks page.

Cheers

Yep…also tried Easy VCD.Works quite well.

I still prefer Chickenman’s method.Once you get used to it…Flawless results!!:wink:

Oh…Shoebedoo,it is customary, and courteous to ask before you post somebody’s tutorials…

Originally posted by woody
[B]

Oh…Shoebedoo,it is customary, and courteous to ask before you post somebody’s tutorials… [/B]

@woody,
I can’t m8…:stuck_out_tongue: But wish I could have

Yep, Philamber I had already tried twice to do Austin Powers and both times checked the MPEG’s in WMP and Win DVD, same problemo sadly. :confused:

Still a new version will be out this weekend that will also do XVCD, sounds good. :cool:

@ CM

As you say m8, the version of TMPGenc is only valid for 30 days. But does that not only (AFAIK) apply to MPEG 2 useage? I thought that MPEG 1 is FREE and unrestricted even after the 30 days. But I may be wrong…

Shoebedobedoo

//edit//

The rules :

We do not allow, nor condone any messages containing:

1. Language that is obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or otherwise violative of any laws;

2. Requesting for or posting of serial numbers, direct links to cracks or any other information that violates copyright laws or any other laws protecting intellectual property;

3. Requests for downloads of anything that is not freeware, shareware, trial versions or copyright-free material (hence, no ISOs, Warez or MP3s that are protected by copyright). Any references to such activities will also lead to deletion of the topic;

4. Offerings of products (tangible or intangible) and services that you do not have legal disposition over.

Due to rule #4 this post has been edited.

//end of edit//

I would delete that if I was you m8, no cracks/serials are allowed here. :eek: