How to distinguish real mitsubishi (verbatim) cd-r & dvd

vbimport

I heard that to distinguish a real mitsubishi (verbatim) dvd, you have to check its hubcode.

For either DVD+r or -r, it’ll be something like ZD…-DVR-…

What about cd-r?

PS: Last time I bought a spindle of Verbatim dvd-r with media id MCC 03RG20 from my country’s supermarket. On the package, it said made in India. The price’s not cheap but the packing is very lousy and the disc seems lousy too (there are somewhat watermarks on the clear plastic part in the centre). “ZD…-DVR-…” can’t be found on the hub, only “722M” and “DVD-R” are seen so it’s fake. My money~~~ (sob)

[QUOTE=saruri;2129317]PS: Last time I bought a spindle of Verbatim dvd-r with media id MCC 03RG20 from my country’s supermarket. On the package, it said made in India. The price’s not cheap but the packing is very lousy and the disc seems lousy too (there are somewhat watermarks on the clear plastic part in the centre). “ZD…-DVR-…” can’t be found on the hub, only “722M” and “DVD-R” are seen so it’s fake. My money~~~ (sob)[/QUOTE]

Yes, they seem to be fake. Your media are most likely made by UmeDisc and reprinted and repacked by some other company to look like Verbatims.
Could you post some photos (if it is possible), please? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here they are:

Interesting… something that looks real but is actually fake… do you have any shots of the packaging on the spindle?

I’m sorry for your loss (of money ;)). We’ve all been there, believe me.

I’m still interested in fake verbatims. Could I get you so far as to swap some of those fake verbatims. For real verbatims or Maxell Protek ??

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2129465]I’m still interested in fake verbatims. Could I get you so far as to swap some of those fake verbatims. For real verbatims or Maxell Protek ??[/QUOTE]

I may get some fake printable Verbatims, are you interested? :bigsmile:
And with some luck maybe some non-printable too.

I’m interested in branded stuff. So if those are printables with the verbatim logo on it, then yes I’m interested.

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2129515]I’m interested in branded stuff. So if those are printables with the verbatim logo on it, then yes I’m interested.[/QUOTE]

I should have at least 1-2 burned pieces. I will try to get some blank ones - the printables should be no problem, but the regular ones will be much harder to get. I know that they came from the same source as the infamous fake Verbatims in Hungary.

With printables and logo I mean only these types of printables. Were there still is a actuall brand name on the disc. Disc’s which are just printable with a fake MCC stamper won’t do.

If I get those fake Verbatims, I will send some samples to Verbatim Europe too. Did they take any action against the fakers of their media?
Edit: Here is the test of one of those awful fakes:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/1967712-post16.html