How to disable the region protection on benq1620 burner?

vbimport

i need to disable the region protection with on my benq 1620 burner. how do i do this? right now it is set on region 1.

Oh man, please do some research. It’s right there in the Read First section of this forum.

Get TDB FW, flash your drive, and bingo, it’s region-free. Also, you might DL DVD43 or DVD Region Kill.

• MJ

Hey, give him some slack…look at the user name he chose. :smiley:

Have you ever thought about using SEARCH before creating yet another thread… :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is a good start for the lazy ones.

trying dvd region kill and dvd 43 not working.

pinto, man, that’s exactly what I was thinking!! He asks the same question at the end of another thread he started, and then 5 minutes later, he has a brand-new topic.

Tholek: He has 100+ posts…by noe, she shouldn’t be a total newb to (DVD) burners.

• Jie

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not Chinese…

And quite frankly, given the tone of your post, you’re on your own for this one. BTW, I’ve already answered your question — just read my post carefully.

JIE

I wish that FAQ was finished and posted.

newtoburners wrote

trying dvd region kill and dvd 43 not working.

DVD REGION KILLER is a program for your operating system. You will need to make your BENQ 1620 REGION FREE by using the dangerous brothers firmware. There’s no way around it. :wink:

I responded in the original thread…

so I would think this one should be closed…

but using their firmware will make the warranty on my benq 1620, void isn’t it?
and that modified firmware can also mess up my drive isn’t it? anything official from benq? or any other program that can do it?
if i do this dangerous brothers firmware can i reflash my drive back to official benq 1620 firmware?
what will happen then?
will my benq 1620 be in the same previous condition before i flashed it to dangerous bros. modified firmware?

Most people here that flash thier drives with any modified f/w take the responsability to buy another drive if they void thier warrenty. Please do accordingly so they don’t raise the prices of thier drives.

newtoburners wrote

but using their firmware will make the warranty on my benq 1620, void isn’t it?
and that modified firmware can also mess up my drive isn’t it? anything official from benq? or any other program that can do it?
if i do this dangerous brothers firmware can i reflash my drive back to official benq 1620 firmware?
what will happen then?
will my benq 1620 be in the same previous condition before i flashed it to dangerous bros. modified firmware?

my suggestion to you is if you don’t want to use the hacked firmware from the dangerous bros. then buy yourself a LITEON DVDROM which region free software is available for their drives. This thread should be closed because you have gotten all your answers. The rest is up to you at this point. :wink:

Yes, it will. So just give up and don’t ask about it again.

You have asked so many fundamental, FAQ type questions without any basic search. (I remember it because I almost felt like to initiate a “don’t answer newtoburners” campaign before.)

Well… most people here become experts in DVD burner by the time they post 100 replies.

You aren’t the only the one.

• Jie

Why not just not answer at all, instead of the remarks? Your taking the time to do that. Let the moderators handle the double posts or whatever the issue is.

The mods wont be able to read all the posts here. They have their own work etc, and AFAIK most of them are volunteers.

Please newtoburners, educate your self by using the search function here, google, or reading the posts here regularly. Use the right keywords for searching.

We try to keep an eye on all postings. Besides, every registered user can use the exclamation mark (on the left side, under the user info) to report bad a post.

Off topic is not appreciated and personal attacks not tolerated.

Thread closed!