How to crossflash TSSTcorp TS-L632M (slim) = TSSTcorp SN-S082M?

vbimport

Im new here… so hi :slight_smile:
@ Albert i would like to know how did you do TSSTcorp TS-L632M (slim) = TSSTcorp SN-S082M, step by step please, would be greatly appreciate :iagree:

EDIT: I have a tsst corp ts-l632m, firmware revision 0A17

Welcome at Cdfreaks.com forums :)[quote=God’s logic;2153788]Im new here… so hi :slight_smile:
@ Albert i would like to know how did you do TSSTcorp TS-L632M (slim) = TSSTcorp SN-S082M, step by step please, would be greatly appreciate :iagree:

EDIT: I have a tsst corp ts-l632m, firmware revision 0A17[/quote]
From the initial post of this thread:

And please, do not ask the question about “how to crossflash” since this is covered in the FAQ, and there are also several threads about this giving detailled information.

Michael
[I]thread moved[/I]

sorry about that…:doh: ive been looking everywhere for several days and cant seem to find the information, sorry ill try to find it

hey… cant seem to find anything can some1 help me :sad:

Hi,

the method (which is valid for all Samsung made drives) is described in the [I]firmware chapter[/I] of the [B]FAQ[/B].
For slim drives, additional knowledge about the drive’s configuration (“Master” or “Slave”) is essential in order to not render the drive useless with the wrong firmware version.

Michael

Thx alot, i have read everything and now all i need to know is where can i fine a SC03 for TSST corp TS-L632M, could you help me ?

The Google search engine is your friend: http://www.google.com/search?q=TS-L632M+SC03 :slight_smile:

hi, lool ya i know his also my best friend but every time i found a SC03 its not a .bin its always a .part… sorry if it sound noobish, im not new on computers but i’m a total at drivers… i have been looking for about 3 weeks that’s how i found this fantastic site :p, all i want is too book type my DVD+R DL to DVD+ROM :confused:

Assuming you have an application that can write to image files or DVD Video files on your hard disc [for later usge], use ImgBurn [a highly recommended free program] to burn. It can get the 632M to write the booktype as DVD-ROM from previous experience, though I haven’t trusted DVD+R DL to the drive.

It seems some of Samsung’s firmware links are broken at the moment…

i have ImgBurn, very good program, i used to be able to convert my DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM for about a week or so, then it suddenly stopped working… did all i knew but still nothing… i downloaded MCSE, Tsdnwin even Patch_Utility_Samsung from CodeKing but cant seem to find a good SC03 file …

Did you change any settings when it stopped working? Specifically, Tools>Settings>Write>Options: Auto Change Booktype?

Does trying to manually change the booktype fail, through using Tools>Drive>Change Booktype>Samsung>[Change for “Drive (for DVD+R DL)” with the blank DL disc inserted and selecting your new setting then selecting “change”]?

auto ‘Change Book Type’ is still check and when i try to do it manually its say Current Setting: Unknown ( no way to query current setting!) but it say Success! when i hit the change button. But after the burn its still a DVD+R DL media and not a DVD-ROM

[QUOTE=God’s logic;2155250]hi, lool ya i know his also my best friend but every time i found a SC03 its not a .bin its always a .part… [/QUOTE]the complete file is an .exe
Original source is Samsung Korea firmware download site, see FAQ again, please.

[QUOTE=Albert;2155316]
It seems some of Samsung’s firmware links are broken at the moment…[/QUOTE]works for me :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=God’s logic;2155343]auto ‘Change Book Type’ is still check and when i try to do it manually its say Current Setting: Unknown ( no way to query current setting!) but it say Success! when i hit the change button. But after the burn its still a DVD+R DL media and not a DVD-ROM[/QUOTE]Booktype setting is often disabled in OEM firmwares. I have no idea if this is also the case with SC03 (which is also an OEM firmware, for [B]S[/B]amsung [B]C[/B]omputers this time).

Michael

Hi, I got a TS-L632M_SC03.exe but when i try to run the program this message show up : (This Firmware is not compatible with the selected drive. Contact your system manufacturer for information on firmware updates available for this drive.) so im stuck again lol…

[QUOTE=God’s logic;2155350]Hi, I got a TS-L632M_SC03.exe but when i try to run the program this message show up : (This Firmware is not compatible with the selected drive. Contact your system manufacturer for information on firmware updates available for this drive.)[/quote]This is perfectly normal. Samsung’s firmware flasher checks drive and OEM code before loading the firmware to the drive. This shall prevent the user of flashing the wrong firmware and killing their drive.

so im stuck again lol…
May I remind you to re-read the firmware section of the FAQ? :bigsmile:

cant seem to find what im looking for … i dont even exactly what im looking for… lol i know you must be really fed up by those noobish questions but can you be a bit more precise about what i must look for ??

[QUOTE=God’s logic;2155370]cant seem to find what im looking for … i dont even exactly what im looking for… [/quote]You are looking for “crossflashing”. Even if the drive model is the same, you can’t just flash a Samsung OEM firmware on a HP/Compaq OEM drive.
The last chapter (and also the notes at the end) of the FAQ are applicable.

lol i know you must be really fed up by those noobish questions but can you be a bit more precise about what i must look for ??
I am not fed up :wink:
Crossflashing is something for people who know what they are doing, since there is a high risk to render the drive useless. And a dead notebook drive is much more difficult and expensive to fix (or replace) than a desktop drive. Crossflashing a notebook drive can even void the warranty of the entire notebook :eek: (May depend on the notebook manufacturer).
So I do not give precise instructions, but general hints instead.
It is up to the user to decide if he chose the correct firmware for his drive, and to decide he can work with the hints given. In doubt, leave the drive as is.

Michael

hi

i understand, respect and appreciate your help :bow:, ive just fond the SC03.exe for TS-L632M, now all i need to know is how to crossflash ill look in to it right now, I truly appreciate your help :iagree:

EDIT: one more question… how do i know if im downloading sfdnwin -NOCHECK or -nocheck ??

I suggest you re-read that section again. :wink:

[B]There is a command line switch[/B], that has to be used in order to circumvent the hardware check performed by the flash utility. For the people who know what they are doing:
run sfdnwin -NOCHECK from the command line.
Newer versions of sfndwin are CASE SENSITIVE, so the -NOCHECK switch does work, -nocheck does not.
This also applies to Samsung’s new flash utility TSDNWIN, which is delivered with most newer Samsung firmwares.

If you search the forum for “NOCHECK”, you may find something that’ll help more. :slight_smile:

wow !!! it finally work i have successfully crossflash my driver for the very first time, thank you to you 2 for your fantastic help, now all i got to do its to put in SB00 ? so i can get TSSTcorp SN-S082M ??