How To: Crossflash 215D to 215

Sorry, I just got too excited… :smiley:

Just tried the 212 > 215 flash…DVRFLASH complains about file mismatch so nice dice there. Hopefully the S12J kernel leaks now as well…

[QUOTE=Sarcoptic;2018167]Just tried the [B]212 > 215 flash[/B]…DVRFLASH complains about file mismatch so nice dice there. Hopefully the S12J kernel leaks now as well…[/QUOTE]Topic still says 215D to 215… :flower:
Not sure what you’r up to right now. :wink:

[QUOTE=Sarcoptic;2018167]Just tried the 212 > 215 flash…DVRFLASH complains about file mismatch so nice dice there. Hopefully the S12J kernel leaks now as well…[/QUOTE]

as expected

any chance for a15 kernel??

[QUOTE=VANT;2018392]any chance for a15 kernel??[/QUOTE]

Will you “generate” one? :confused:

[QUOTE=geekrule;2018140]You also can crossflash your 212 to 215 with this version DVRFlash.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarcoptic;2018167]Just tried the 212 > 215 flash…DVRFLASH complains about file mismatch so nice dice there. Hopefully the S12J kernel leaks now as well…[/QUOTE]

So which is it? I heard the 215 was using the identical chipset to that of the 212 but was unsure if any other changes to the drive were made. Can the 212 actually be converted to the 215? Has anyone actually done this and experienced no ill consequences?

Slightly off topic, but has a buffalo 8.25L kernel ever came about to flash with?

Can the 212 actually be converted to the 215? Has anyone actually done this and experienced no ill consequences?

No, flash fails and puts the drive into kernel mode

I still need some help. Sorry i am new to crossflashing Pioneer drives :o

I’m wanting to crossflash my 215D to a 215

My drive letter is P.

[QUOTE=Bob;2027922]I still need some help. Sorry i am new to crossflashing Pioneer drives :o

I’m wanting to crossflash my 215D to a 215

My drive letter is P.[/QUOTE]chef can you point a member to the correct way :bow: :flower:

@ Bob,

Come On – A Forum Member with over 13,000 Forum posting who doesn’t know how to use the Forum Search?

The information you are seeking has been posted numerous times in the Pioneer DVD Forum.

How about reviewing the #1 posting in this thread?

Regards,
bjkg

What is the purpose to change the 215D to just 215?

@ Dr. Who,

The DVR-215D only Reads DVD-RAM no LabelFlash. The DVR-215 Reads/Writes DVD-RAM no LabelFlash. DVR-S15J Reads/Writes DVD-RAM with LabelFlash.

Regards,
bjkg

Thanks bjkg. I was always curious hearing label flash so I might leave it when it comes in today.

[QUOTE=bjkg;2028251]@ Bob,

Come On – A Forum Member with over 13,000 Forum posting who doesn’t know how to use the Forum Search?

The information you are seeking has been posted numerous times in the Pioneer DVD Forum.

How about reviewing the #1 posting in this thread?

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]bjkg this is the first Pioneer i have thought about keeping. The first one I’ve wanted to crossflash. I’ve read the first post and other threads in different forums and there is nothing that sinks in for me :o

I would like to crossflash 215D to A15J.

Notice my title is not Guru :wink:

Don’t feel bad Bob, I can’t even give any commands with DVRFlash:doh:, I used to work with DOS based AutoCad V11 but that was 10 yrs. ago;)

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2028480]Don’t feel bad Bob, I can’t even give any commands with DVRFlash:doh:, I used to work with DOS based AutoCad V11 but that was 10 yrs. ago;)[/QUOTE]I can give the commands but i have no idea what drive C:? to put them on. Put them on a FAT32 thumb drive maybe? All my drives are NTFS.

[QUOTE=Bob;2028471]bjkg this is the first Pioneer i have thought about keeping. The first one I’ve wanted to crossflash. I’ve read the first post and other threads in different forums and there is nothing that sinks in for me :o

I would like to crossflash 215D to A15J.

Notice my title is not Guru ;)[/QUOTE]

WARNING: A15J IS PATA FIRMWARE. As i’m sure you know, the 215 is SATA, so you’re going to need S15J firmware. As for the cross-flashing process, just follow the steps provided on the rpc1 page and you should have no troubles

[QUOTE=Homeless2;2028487]WARNING: A15J IS PATA FIRMWARE. As i’m sure you know, the 215 is SATA, so you’re going to need S15J firmware. As for the cross-flashing process, just follow the steps provided on the rpc1 page and you should have no troubles[/QUOTE]yep :doh: i meant S15J

I have read there but all i get is a prompt to open DVRFlash again?
Hit Return to close.

Hey Bob,

sorry, have read your post just now.
You have both the correct firmware & kernel?

1. Remove possible media from the drive.
  2. Open up command promt (window).
  3. Navigate to the folder containing DVRFlash & the firmwares.
  4. Run “dvrflash -v P:” and please post the output here, also the firmware names you have got in this folder too (no need to post the drive serial).
    http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=43868 :wink: