How to create a menu on a DVD

I looked at the tutorials for Nero Ultra 7 and could not find a step-by-step procedure for creating a menu on a 4.7GB DVD+R . Can someone help me?

I have inserted a DVD+R in my LG Super Multi burner. I have clicked on Nero Burning ROM and the New Complation screen is on my monitor.

I see a tab at the bottom that says New, should I click on it?

On the left side of the screen is a column with six items. The one on top is DVD-ROM (ISO), maybe I should change this. I don’t know.

Across the top of the window are tabs. Under the multisession tab I have checked Start Multisession disc. I have looked unDer the other tabs and have questions.

:doh:

It’s little bit more complicated than what you describe - mainly because you have to ‘author’ a DVD-Video with its menu, rather than just burning it in Nero Burning ROM.

What is the source material that you want to make a menu for? Is it your home video footage or a ripped DVD…?

If you want to make a dvd with a menu in Nero, you need to start with Nero Vision. Then hit Make a DVD…DVD Video. It should be reasonably straightforward from that point. Though you can’t use an encrypted dvd as the source.

It’s little bit more complicated than what you describe - mainly because you have to ‘author’ a DVD-Video with its menu, rather than just burning it in Nero Burning ROM.

Thank you. I’ll try it out.

What is the source material that you want to make a menu for?

I have a LAN with a server. I have created a directory on the server called Gallery where I have pictures, videos, music, and some documents. I want to make Play Lists from songs on the Music Gallery and select videos taken by my Grand Daughter, and pictures she took of her friends and burn them to a DVD with a menu organized the same as the directory structure on the server, but include just items she might like to keep on her PC.

]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;1919466]If you want to make a dvd with a menu in Nero, you need to start with Nero Vision. Then hit Make a DVD…DVD Video. It should be reasonably straightforward from that point. Though you can’t use an encrypted dvd as the source.[/QUOTE]

Thank you I wil try Nero Vision.

Here is a couple of guides for ya

Nero Vision 5 DVD Authoring Guide: http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Nero_Vision_5_DVD_Authoring_Guide_page1.html

Nero Vision 4 DVD Authoring Guide: http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Nero_Vision_4_DVD_Authoring_Guide_page1.html

:cool::cool:

Thank you . I will read the articles.