How to create a DVD from avi and mpg files?

Hello everybody,

As I am new to these matters, what is the procedure to burn a dvd from avi amd mpg files? I have nero 6.
A have spent alot of time in foruns try to find a SIMPLE guide to this, but with no luck. It seems that nero dont work with avi files. If that is correct, what free software shall I use.

Thank You for the help!

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You can find here a lot of guides, most of which use free tools

thank you geno888

lot of reading!..

in the incoming days I’ll try my 1st dvd.

It doesn’t get any simpler than divxtodvd

[QUOTE=lrluz;1503634]Hello everybody,

As I am new to these matters, what is the procedure to burn a dvd from avi amd mpg files? I have nero 6.
A have spent alot of time in foruns try to find a SIMPLE guide to this, but with no luck. It seems that nero dont work with avi files. If that is correct, what free software shall I use.

Thank You for the help![/QUOTE]
Well I am too new in this field but anyway I have the solution for your Q. about making DVD video by AVI or other formats…thats really a simple thing. All you have to do is download a free programme and some codecs …

I have the site add

Visit this address, Download the software and use your mind LOL

Best of Luck

@zumredai
The link you had in your post went to a download site, and produced a .rar file that needed a password. Since I cannot determine the nature of the programs linked, I am forced to delete your link.

And anyone reading this thread searching for free software to convert various types of video to dvd should look at two programs, DVDFlick and AVStoDVD. Both are easily found via Google.