How to correct DVD problem

vbimport

hi, i wonder would you help me in regard to a problem im having with what i assume now is a corrupt dvd. The problem happened 2 days ago with an 8X DVD - R recordable disc i have which has important visual/audio material on it refused to play, right after i had copied down the material onto disc from the harddrive of my dvd recorder, foolish me deleted the harddrive, though i havent finalised the drive. What happened then was i didnt finalise the disc, i turned off recorder, then an hour later turned it back on, and with the disc still left in, the machine door opened and it reads on my tv that reads this disc is neither recordable or playable, i then tried it again about 20 times, no let up, so im wondering is there a way of fixing the disc either by data retreval or correcting disc speed or by getting a programme of lifting the unformatted data off the harddrive, i hope you might help me with this, Thanks.

What program was used to burn the disc ?, also are you saying the disc was not closed/finalized ?
If it was not finalized you can use ImgBurn to close/finalize it, ImgBurn is free and can be downloaded at imgburn.com.
If this does not work you can use IsoBuster to extract the data from the disc to your hard drive.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2144422]What program was used to burn the disc ?, also are you saying the disc was not closed/finalized ?
If it was not finalized you can use ImgBurn to close/finalize it, ImgBurn is free and can be downloaded at imgburn.com.
If this does not work you can use IsoBuster to extract the data from the disc to your hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much, I will try that immediately, your a saviour.