How to copy Red Alert 2?

How can i copy red alert 2?
I dont have a rewritable cd by hand so…
I have a lite on 48x12x48.
Should it work with the safedisc 2 profile?

Well red alert 2 has one of the very early versions of SD 2 which is easily defeated with CCD 4.1.0.1.

first, for your burner make sure that the error correction mode is set to hardware as the liteon (Mediatek Chipset) has a built in error correction mode. This would make the error skipping a lot faster a efficient.

With your burner you do not need to use the AWS as Liteon is capable of correct EFM encoding and there is no need for AWS.

You could either use the SD2 (NO AWS) Profile or just use the FES ( Fast Error Skip) when you read the disk. ON Write leave the options as Default and make sure the write mode is RAW DAO.

Thank you for your post.
I will try it.

I succesfully copied it.

Tnx

…backup this crap game??? tss tss

Edit:

think of something useful to say

FutureProof
Administrator

Originally posted by 5tephen

Just because you dont like RA2 doesn’t mean its crap.

I didn’t ask for this lame reply.

…you guys are are very delicate, of cause I didn’t want to touch you in the middle of your soul, it was just my opinion.
Or has your “Homeland Security” or “CIA” gone this far, so its forbidden to say your own opinion anymore, I might be terrorist.
So what are gonne do, ban me from this site or what???

CU Folks

and please become more relaxed

so its forbidden to say your own opinion anymore
Of course not but as you can judge from the reactions on your reply useless reply’s such as yours can easily lead to irritation. Simple as that. What if you posted a thread “I want to copy game XYZ” and someone replied “Why would you copy that piece of cr*p!”, it wouldn’t really be the reply you were expecting right?

We’re all very relaxed here. Just trying to help people with their problems :cool:

[B]…you guys are are very delicate, of cause I didn’t want to touch you in the middle of your soul, it was just my opinion.
Or has your “Homeland Security” or “CIA” gone this far, so its forbidden to say your own opinion anymore, I might be terrorist.
So what are gonne do, ban me from this site or what???

CU Folks

and please become more relaxed [/B]

I didnt ask your opinion. I asked for help.

Well red alert 2 has one of the very early versions of SD 2 which is easily defeated with CCD 4.1.0.1.

Red Alert 2 was the FIRST game to use Safedisc 2. Just thought I would mention that in case you didn’t know or weren’t sure.

LOL . . . :bigsmile:

Thanks for the reminder CCDKing !

I suppose it is my fault for rewording it differently.

This goes back to the early days in Clone Clinic which I have gone through many many CDs and CDRW units, a bit of overkill I suppose, trying to back up that game and have gained experiences from diffeent methods to different theories.

remember the firm ware theory of LecutusofBorg ?

The only reason I worded it differently was that I did not want to make dbzfan issue less important as backing this game is quite elementry for most experienced users.

Cheers.

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
[B]LOL . . . :bigsmile:

Thanks for the reminder CCDKing !

I suppose it is my fault for rewording it differently.

This goes back to the early days in Clone Clinic which I have gone through many many CDs and CDRW units, a bit of overkill I suppose, trying to back up that game and have gained experiences from diffeent methods to different theories.

remember the firm ware theory of LecutusofBorg ?

The only reason I worded it differently was that I did not want to make dbzfan issue less important as backing this game is quite elementry for most experienced users.

Cheers. [/B]

Your help was fine, I backed up the game, that is the most important thing.