How To Copy Pragram Disks, Please Help

hi there

ive searched around and sort of found my answer but need to comfirm

1.) im wanting to make a backup copy of my software disks on my macbook, ive lost them in the past and has cost me so this time im making backups of them, ive been told you can just make an image of the disk in the utilities program with the mac and burn the image to a disk

will this work and allow me to install the program on my mac from my backup copy, there are 4 cd/disk so il just repeat the process for each 1

2.) im after a program to backup my dvd films too on the mac like dvdfab and dvdshrink on the pc, again anybody know mac versions or programs that work like these two

thanks very much guys

sam

If your program disks are not copy protected, then creating an image and burning it to disk will work.

You can use both DVDFab and Shrink under Wine on the Mac or if you don’t want to install Wine you can use Fairmount, http://www.metakine.com/products/fairmount/ with VLC for DVD ripping.

hi

thanks il check that out for the dvds

the program disks are i think not copy protected but they are 4 install disks, you start with disk 1 then it asks you for 2 and so on, so creating an image and burning an image will this work as i don’t want to create a dmg

thnaks

sam

[QUOTE=sambohack;2446730]

the program disks are i think not copy protected but they are 4 install disks, you start with disk 1 then it asks you for 2 and so on, so creating an image and burning an image will this work as i don’t want to create a dmg

thnaks

sam[/QUOTE]

Creating then burning the image should work just fine, it doesn’t matter that they are 4 disks.