How to copy my own PS2 CD

vbimport

please ,

i want to know how to copy my own PS2 CD ,

AND

How could i play it on My computer…

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: P4U800-X
BIOS: AWARD - 42302e31
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1024MB RAM
HardDisk : 80 GB MAXTOR
60 GB MAXTOR
Operating System : Windows XP SP1…

I don’t think there are working PS2 emulators yet, but you can check here for more info: http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/

Thanx Alot.

What About Copying It…?

I Mean If I Copy It , Will It Work Good Or What ?

…!

Depends on the game really, some have custom protections, some don’t. For the most part, I’d say if you can copy a PS2 CD based game, you should be able to play it on the computer with emulation software (if any exists).

DVD Decrypter - use iso read then iso write, using good quality -R media or +R bitsett to DVD-Rom . and you`ll need a modded PS2 to play them on.

COULD U PLZ , GIVE MORE EXPLAINING :slight_smile:

WHAT IS THAT MODDED PS2 !! :confused:

COULD U PLZ , GIVE MORE EXPLAINING

WHAT IS THAT MODDED PS2 !!

He’s talking about modifying the hardware of your Playstation 2 in order to play backups. I thought you just wanted to play them on computer?

THIS MOD CHIP , IS IT AS HARDWARE DEVICE IN COMPUTER OR

I HAVE TO INSTRUCT IT IN MY PS2…

SORRY BE PATIENT WITH MY QUESTIONS , I KNOW IM TALKATIVE

BUT REALLY I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO USE IT…

You have to install a chip that bypasses the boot sector or use another boot method ie slide card as the boot sector cannot be copied …

and please don`t post in capslock as this is usualy saved for shouting.

Copying most PS2 games isn’t a problem, playing them back is, as you need a modified PS2 to play non-original game discs. The console recognizes the copy by checking a certain part of the disc that can not be accessed by CD writers, only in the factory when the original CD is made. So, in order to play copies which are not complete copies, you must modify the PS2 to stop it from checking the disc. That is done by installing the “mod-chip” into it. There are few versions, but all of them require the PS2 to be pulled apart (probably 30-odd small screws…) and this small “mod-chip” soldered into the circuit boards. The ones I’ve seen have between 16 and 30 fine wires which must be soldered to certain parts of the PS2 circuits, and it’s not an easy job.

As for playing the backup on the PC, I’m not sure how far the emulators got. I know there are few around for PS1, but I don’t know about PS2 and if they will play copies.

Any clearer now?

In the UK at least, most independant computer stores will install a modchip for you.

Here in Australia, the guy you buy the chip from will do it. It’s probably similar elsewhere around the world.

No they can’t Mr Horse, it is now illegal in England and Wales for any commercial business to sell or install a mod chip, in Scotland and Northern Ireland they still can.

There are no PS2 emulators that are worth the effort at the moment, so a modded PS2 is the only way.

I see a few comments saying “no they can’t” regarding the copying of the disks, not anything to do with the chip that allows the playing of copied disks.
Basically it’s no secret, yes with the correct retail available software the disks are as simple to copy as any printer driver is, so yes and yes would be a suitable answer.
Being that the s/w is available worldwide in retail shops I can’t see that my personal answer breaks any law or rule.
Mod chips have been around for a very long time, even though the s/w is newer but it’s also freely available.
Nothing is sold on any black market, your local retailer sells them, along with the s/w to copy PS2 disks,
The point ! no law is broken to backup and play your own disks that were bought anywhere in the world legitimately over the counter.
Geez ? if it was illegal they would not allow the sale of both chips and s/w, never mind that Play Station sells the chips under their own name for their own machines so it can’t be illegal ? now can it.

Conspiracy theory ?

digisol, yes it is illegal in England and Wales, the High Court has said so. It is also illegal to make back ups as we have no right here to make back ups of anything, it has just been tolerated up until now when Sony took the matter to court.

All countries have different laws. In the US you can modify any hardware you own, so modifying a ps2 is no problem, but its not like this around the world. The same goes for backing up software, every country is different.

More information on European laws can be found at,

http://www.euro-copyrights.org/

Modchips are illegal in all the uk countries which covers scotland as well as england, wales etc
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3915179.stm

No it does not cover Scotland nor Northern Ireland, they have their own laws and High Court decisions do not affect them only Law Lord decisions do in the House Of Lords or an Act of Parliment. It is difficult to explain but that is the way it has been for quite a while now. Also the Isle of Man is exempt on all counts as it is not part of the UK.