How to copy dvds (Matshita UJ-850S)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Matshita UJ-850S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have DVD cloner VI but I cannot copy to disc due to size. What do I do? Very new to this.

Moved to the Copy Movie forum.

First get an up to date decryption/ripping program. DVDFab HD Decrypter is free to use (though you will use up the trial of the main program as you use the free section). http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm The free decryption/ripping part will continue to work even after the trial is finished.

Rip the dvd to the hard drive. Next, download DVDShrink from www.mrbass.org. [B]READ the guides to its use [/B]while at mrbass’s site.
Open the file with Shrink and compress to the necessary size.

Burn to disk using any burning program capable of burning dvd-video. I personally use ImgBurn (free). You should read the guides for its use at the ImgBurn forums.

Burn at 8x or 12x while using good media like Verbatim 16x…burn at half the rated speed for most mediocre stuff. (these are just general guidelines, not to be followed slavishly if you already have good experience burning your current choice of media).

sorry if you have already spent the money on dvd cloner. :frowning:
http://www.dvd-cloner.com/dvd-cloner/how-to-copy-a-dvd-9-movie.html

[QUOTE=kpar69;2162703][qanda]This thread is about the Matshita UJ-850S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have DVD cloner VI but I cannot copy to disc due to size. What do I do? Very new to this.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know much about DVD cloner but I have my doubts about their software if compared to Dvdfab or Slysoft products. Those two package are more worth the money for paid software in my view. Aside from that it would seem that for your burning need you either need the 4.7G or 8.4G media to burn to. Maybe you need to get some verbatim DL (8.4G) media to burn to if it says not enought space on current media. Or get dvdfab plat and or slysoft Anydvd with CloneDVD to compress from dvd9 to dvd5 media. Just make sure if the program you paid for isn’t just taking your money as your dvd do have protection and there been programs making such claims but didn’t do as they advertised.