How to Copy DVD to Hard Drive?

I have been trying to copy some dvds to my hard drive and I haven’t been getting any audio when I copy them. I couldn’t really find how to exactly do it on the forums here. If somebody could give a step by step it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Welcome to the forum, well lets start with software. What are you using and system specs., would help to get an idea of what we are working with.

Hello eq kid and welcome to the forum. I’ll tell you what, without knowing what program you are using, I’ll tell you what I’d do. First, I’d download the free version of DVDFab HD Decrypter. When you rip a movie using this, it copies it right to your HDD. Now if your issue has happened and you were using the freeware, tell us. That’s a whole new story. But that’s what I’d do. ~ Mike

Using dvdfab platnium on windows vista. On hp laptop with 2gb ram amd 1.6ghz chip. I have tried to do dvd to moblie geniric but all I get is video with no audio.

[QUOTE=the_eq_kid;1978123]Using dvdfab platnium on windows vista. On hp laptop with 2gb ram amd 1.6ghz chip. I have tried to do dvd to moblie geniric but all I get is video with no audio.[/QUOTE]

Download and install the FFDShow codec.