How to copy decrypted DVD´s on harddisk

vbimport

i´ve ripped here an dvd with smartripper (and also DVD decrypter) and want to decode it with clonedvd. After choosing the folder on harddsik where i have copied it with smartripper or dvd decrypter clonedvd says i can´t find the video_ts.ifo file. the path seems to corrupt it shows.

Example: D:\DVD\VIDEO_TS:\D:VD\VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO:2 File can´t open.

I choose: D:\DVD\VIDEO_TS\ and there are the files.

What i am doin wrong?

:a

Are you quite sure you used ‘file mode’ (with DVD Decrypter) and then did a Ctrl-A to select ALL the files?

-Pete

I ripped a movie with Smartripper and it makes VTS files instead of VIDEO_TS. CloneDVD cannot handle these.

I have tried 2 dvd,s and get the exact same error with clonedvd as karlosd gets
but if i use dvd2one on the same files its no problem
what i did in the end was iso-read with decryptor then i mounted the image in alcohol and used this as the source and it worked then…
dont ask me why

[edit] now working fine with different dvd [edit]

OK finally got the damn thing to work. Would have been nice if the gang @ Elby had mentioned what you need to do on the front-end to get things running.

We’ll see how things compare between DVDShrink and CloneDVD.

As Peter said, you have to set DVDDecrypter to File under the Mode menu, then hit Control-A before you decrypt.

One thing I would like to see in the near future is a way to select start and end points for playback to save a bit more space. I’d rather not have to use an additional program like IFOEdit… when you start needing too many programs to backup a DVD, the value and price folks are willing to pay decreases significantly.

Or you can just check the select all box in options for file mode.

Did a comparison, seems like the picture quality in DVDShrink is a bit better. CloneDVD version looks kind of fuzzy and darker colors don’t seem to look consistent… almost washed out.

Compared on a Sony XBR 36" and a Denon DVM-4800.

*Edit forgot to mention… compared Blade 2 and Die Another Day, so a darker movie and one with a fair bit of color.

Yes, my suspicion is that the latest (2.3) version of Shrink has quality at least as good as any and probably better than most.

If you were starting from scratch you would need a more compelling reason than I can currently think of to pay money for a transcoder;)

On very special occasions InstantCopy is a bit more versatile - such as creating a cut-down DVD - but for everyday jobs it’s tedious.

-Pete

…shortly.

Does anybody know if will be possible in 3/4 clicks make a backup copy, no matter how long time we’ve to wait , simply YES or NOT

Cheers

If you want to make a 3/4 klick copy than use DVD x Copy Express from 321 Studios or DVD Copy Suite from d-c-s.info.

-Drain

Originally posted by karlosd
[B]
Example: D:\DVD\VIDEO_TS:\D:VD\VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO:2 File can´t open.

I choose: D:\DVD\VIDEO_TS\ and there are the files.[/B]
It can’t open VIDEO_TS.IFO because it’s not there. Rip all files, not just the main movie :slight_smile: