How to copy blu-ray movies :) Guide

vbimport

Folks, Bluray is the future! Bluray is getting cheaper & cheaper & will replace
DVD in the coming days. Because, everyone’s gonna buy HDTV sets!

480i is DVD quality but bluray is 1080p quality, the’re so real there is no comparison.

If you have a Bluray Burner then, you can backup your bluray movies!

You can use a BD-R (25 GB) or BD-R DL(50 GB)

You will need AnyDVD HD software You must pay the FULL HD ripping option.
To rip HD movies.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.9.0)
I-O Data BRD-UM2 2007/08/27 10:52
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DEJA_VU_HD

This version of AnyDVD does not work with Blu-ray discs!
Please upgrade your keycode to AnyDVD HD!
Please visit http://www.slysoft.com for more information!

If you get this message you must upgrade to HD ripping.

Just rip the bluray Disc to your HDD then, use imgburn (freeware) and,

Open ImgBurn, click on the Mode drop down menu and select Build mode. On the Device tab, you can see useful Disc Information such as: Disc ID: VERBAT-IMO-000, which means that the disc we are using is manufactured by Verbatim. Disc Type: BD-RE, which means the disc is a Blu-ray Disc Rewritable. Size: 24,220,008,448 bytes or about 25GB.

From Windows Explorer, you can drag and drop the BDMV folder of the movie you want to burn into ImgBurn. The latest ImgBurn will automatically create a CERTIFICATE folder so that you will only need to add a BDMV folder to the burning project. As our screenshot shows, our movie will fit a 25GB BD-RE with 86,310,912 bytes of remaining free space on the disc.

IMGBurn will display a burning progress window as the burn process progresses. In our example shown below, we are burning the blu-ray movie files on to a Verbatim BD-RE disc at 2x. The total writing time was approximately 45 minutes. And, now, have fun! If the disc is higher then
25 GB you will need a 50 GB dual layer to burn on.

Enjoy bluray!

That is probably true in developed nations but around the world cd/dvd will still be around as well as in the developed nations. So don’t write off cd/dvd just yet.

I’ve been looking for a “newbie guide to blu-ray burning” and this looks like a good start. Thanks!

Are there supposed to be pictures though?

If you wish to do a movie only copy, here’s the guide I posted on Slysoft:

This is the simplest method at the moment to create a stripped down BD movie.

Tools needed:
BDInfo
TSMuxer

NOTE: If you are using XP, PLEASE ensure you have the Toshiba UDF driver installed!

-Open BDInfo and determine the playlist of the main movie. BDInfo is designed to show you this information but you will need to determine which one is what you want
-Pick the playlist file of the movie you found using BDInfo. (e.g. 00007.mpls)
-Open mpls file from previous step with tsmuxer. (e.g. 00007.mpls)
-Deselect streams you want to remove
-Output to a blu-ray folder structure
-Use my makeISO to make a new ISO OR just use ImgBurn directly on the output folder. Make sure to keep the Certificate AND BDMV folders. Set UDF to 2.50. The latest ImgBurn can now detect BD structures and will hopefully assist in setting the right options.
-Mount ISO in Virtual CloneDrive or burn it to disc. Note: Daemon Tools is no longer recommended as the latest version may cause issues.
-Enjoy

NOTE: You can just as easily burn the movie instead of (or after) making the ISO.

I am trying to go from an m2ts file on my blu-ray disc to an mkv container which has the AC3/DTS audio as well as any forced subtitles. After using tsmuxer I ended up with a ts and a meta files.

What is the next step?

a slightly upgraded way:
here is the break down:
The quality and features u want on the BluRay should determine the method u use, but the following methods are most common:

Without compression: (considering u are trying to fit a DL BD-R 50BG to a SL BD-R 25GB)
Step1) AnyDVD HD
Step2) Clown_BD / tsmuxer
Step3) Imgburn

With compression: (best results for movie only would be a BD-R single layer blank disk)
Step1 ) AnyDVD HD
Step2) BD rebuilder
Step3) Imgburn

[QUOTE=XeoNoX;2678910]a slightly upgraded way:
here is the break down:
The quality and features u want on the BluRay should determine the method u use, but the following methods are most common:

Without compression: (considering u are trying to fit a DL BD-R 50BG to a SL BD-R 25GB)
Step1) AnyDVD HD
Step2) Clown_BD / tsmuxer
Step3) Imgburn

With compression: (best results for movie only would be a BD-R single layer blank disk)
Step1 ) AnyDVD HD
Step2) BD rebuilder
Step3) Imgburn[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying to my message. I thank you for the info and really do appreciate it very much. Have a great day!

[QUOTE=XeoNoX;2678910]
Step1) AnyDVD HD[/QUOTE]
This compress isn’t need of your doing 1:1 media fit like 25Gig to 25Gig or 50Gig to 50Gig. I know I done this process many times already…

[QUOTE=XeoNoX;2678910]Step2) Clown_BD / tsmuxer[/QUOTE]
Need to revise here: Not needed…
Use Rip to ISO and then do the next step with Anydvd HD. aka 1:1 25Gig to 25Gig and 50Gig to 50Gig…

[QUOTE=XeoNoX;2678910]Step3) Imgburn[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=XeoNoX;2678910]With compression: (best results for movie only would be a BD-R single layer blank disk)
Step1 ) AnyDVD HD
Step2) BD rebuilder
Step3) Imgburn[/QUOTE]

Another way if you need to compress a 50Gig BD to 25Gig BD media if you can’t get the larger BD blank media. Otherwise one can wait for Slysoft BD software called “Slyce” when it is released that will work on BD media.