How to convert WMA to MP3

Hi I have just joined the community and I am looking for some guidance, I have recently joined the Napster To Go service and as a result have downloaded some music which has stored on my computer as a WMA file. Does anybody know how to convert these into MP3 which I can store on a CD to play on my compatible MP3 Music Centre.

Thanks

BrabusD3

Traditional way is to buy the tracks, burn to CD, then rip back to MP3. Alternate way to save CD (and money) is to use a recording program such as Tunebite (www.tunebite.com). Downside of recording is it is a digital to analog to digital converion in real time. This means you will lose a little fidelity plus it takes the length of the recording to complete the process. I do it overnight most of the time, a few albums at a time. My player does not (yet) work with the “2 go” service directly, so I am stuck doing this until it is upgraded.

If you use a rewritable for this intermediate step you don’t waste any disc :wink:

I’d suggest MuvAudio.

and reading this thread well parts of it anyway. :smiley:

U can try this program: FairStars Audio Converter at http://www.fairstars.com, and use this registration code:

[If you like the program, buy it. … philamber :cop: ]

Thanks for that I tried it and it worked, I understand it takes that bit of time and I am prepared for the wait as like you my MP3 player will not work with the 2 go element. I can only reply at the weekends as this is when I get home.

Cheers
BrabusD3

Have a look to WMA to MP3 Online Converter".

WMA to MP3 Converter is 100% free and you don’t need to install additional software.

If you happen to own nero premium it can do this for you also.

blaze media pro

http://www.blazemp.com/

[quote=BrabusD3;1091798]Hi I have just joined the community and I am looking for some guidance, I have recently joined the Napster To Go service and as a result have downloaded some music which has stored on my computer as a WMA file. Does anybody know how to convert these into MP3 which I can store on a CD to play on my compatible MP3 Music Centre.

Thanks

BrabusD3[/quote]

Try Nero 8 this does this for you
Sparks3