How to convert single VOB files to individual Divx avi files

vbimport

Hi all,

I want to convert single vob files to single Divx avi files. I do not want to convert the whole movie.

All the tools that I have tried seem to be more suited to convert whole DVDs.

Is there a better tool out there as far as just manipulating single VOB files?

Thanx in advance.

You could open only one of them in DVD2Avi and set up an AVIsynth script to use with the encoder of your choice. If your encoding application doesn’t support AVIsynth scripts, you may want to use VFAPI converter to make an avi out of it, which should be compatible with any AVI compatible program.

gotcha. don’t know much about AVIsynth, but let me read up on it. thanx for the tip :slight_smile:

anybody else have any suggestions?

I would suggest trying ffvfw if it comes down to needing an AVI.

(forgive me for puttin an adult link here but i need to give you an idea of what i am trying to do)

bascially this is what i am curious to know how people do them.

if you go to deluxepass dot com, you will notice that all these sites have little clips ripped from DVD movies and uploaded to their sites. They are able to isolate and convert the individual clips to DIVX for easier donwload. Well that is exactly what I am trying to figure out how they did it.

I am not trying to offend anyone, as I fairly new to this board. So I wanted to aapologize in advance if I have offended anybody. Thanx again.

Oh!

How are you encoding? If you want to only clip a certain portion of the video, you can use VirtualDub’s built-in functions for that. If you want only to isolate and encode a VOB, use the method described earlier. If you want to encode a certain portion of the video, regardless of the VOB it’s stored in, use the one described here.

Originally posted by organix
[B](forgive me for puttin an adult link here but i need to give you an idea of what i am trying to do)

bascially this is what i am curious to know how people do them.

if you go to deluxepass dot com, you will notice that all these sites have little clips ripped from DVD movies and uploaded to their sites. They are able to isolate and convert the individual clips to DIVX for easier donwload. Well that is exactly what I am trying to figure out how they did it.

I am not trying to offend anyone, as I fairly new to this board. So I wanted to aapologize in advance if I have offended anybody. Thanx again. [/B]

A full movie is encoded first, then it is separated to several smaller clips. The easiest (and cheapest) way to do this is by using virtualdub procedures.

Load the single VOB file into DVD2AVI, select the section you want to convert to AVI using the [ & ], then save Project. Load the project *.d2v file into TMPGEnc as source only. Select File / Output to File / AVI File. Select for compression your DivX or Xvid codec then hit Save.

Convert the AC3 audio file that DVD2AVI extracted to MP3 using BeSweet and then merg the video & audio file s together in VirtualDUB saving ou the final AVI.

thanx a lot guys. i have an idea of what i should do now. seems like virtualdub is the tool or what i want to do. thanx again

Use DVDPro :eek:

Cut clip from DVD or VOB file Convert complete DVD or Convert A single VOB file

Support mpg1,2,VCD,SVCD,DVD as an output

here you can downlaod it.

http://www.3mbtech.com/SetupDVDPro.zip

:stuck_out_tongue: