How to convert protected DRM .wma files to mp3?

vbimport

Hi

Ok, i’m stuck. I’ve been trying the past 2 weeks to find a way to convert my protected wma files to mp3, so i can play them in my car and my ipod, without any luck whatsoever.

The files i’m trying to convert has been downloaded from a danish site called tdcplay.dk. When i check what licenses i have, i can see i have license to play ONLY. No burning or anything else.

I tried to burn then with windows media player and nero burning rom. The idea was to burn them out and then rip the cd to mp3. This ofcourse was unsuccessful.:a

I tried various programs to convert them from protected wma to mp3, but none worked.

There must be a way - just need to find it :confused:

Anyone know how to do this?

Search would be a good place to start. However, if you only have a license to play them odds are pretty good this thread will be closed.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2126097]Search would be a good place to start. However, if you only have a license to play them odds are pretty good this thread will be closed.[/QUOTE]

i already have searched. both here and google. and i tried every way i could find, to convert it, but with no luck.

well, i hope it’s not gonna be closed, what i’m doing, or what i want to do, should be perfectly legal. paid for the music, but cant use it in my car or ipod or anything…

EDIT: Never mind. Seems that trick no longer works. :frowning:

[quote=DanniN;2126251]
well, i hope it’s not gonna be closed, what i’m doing, or what i want to do, should be perfectly legal. [/quote]record the music via your soundcard, just like in the good old cassette tape times.

paid for the music, but cant use it in my car or ipod or anything…
You paid for a file that is allowed to be played on your computer. Nothing else. Perhaps playback on licensed mobile devices was also included in the license. And you knew that when you bought it. That’s the way DRM works…

Michael

If it helps, here´s what Wikipedia has to say about DRM removal

Tools have been created to strip files of Windows Media DRM, enabling them to be played on non-Janus platforms.

It was claimed that one particular tool FairUse4WM (Released on August 19, 2006)[citation needed] written by Viodentia had the ability to strip DRM from files protected with WMDRM [2]. However, on August 28, 2006 Microsoft released a new version of the individualized blackbox component (IBX) to prevent this particular tool from working.

Microsoft also informed partners that they are working to further resolve this issue, given that the fix was also alleged to have been circumvented within days[3]. Microsoft also issued takedown notices to web site owners[4]. They soon followed up by filing lawsuits, [5] although this has been disputed by the operator of the highest-ranked mirror of the utility, James Holden[6], who has not received any such notices or threats.

As of October 16th, distributors using the Windows Media DRM protection, such as Sky Anytime, are up and running using a patched codec. On April 6, 2007 Microsoft dropped the charges against Viodentia as they were unable to find him to serve him with court papers[7].

On September 6, 2007, Microsoft updated IBX to version 11.0.6000.7000, in an attempt to thwart circumvention efforts by variants of the original program.

As of November 28, 2007, DRM Removal under Windows XP on new installs or updated computers (i.e. those that already contain IBX version 11.0.6000.7000), is now not possible without rolling back to Windows Media Player 10. Recently, a patched version of FairUse4WM was released, allowing it to work with Windows Vista, and IBX versions lower than 11.0.6000.6324.

[B]Maybe more specifically useful in your case[/B]: http://5thirtyone.com/archives/873

Well, perhaps ‘Search’ missed the whole subforum /////// down there titled ‘Audio DRM Forum,’ (subforum of the Audio section).

Danni was in the chatbox last night…gave her that link there.

Microsoft also informed partners that they are working to further resolve this issue, given that the fix was also alleged to have been circumvented within days[3]. Microsoft also issued takedown notices to web site owners[4]. They soon followed up by filing lawsuits, [5] although this has been disputed by the operator of the highest-ranked mirror of the utility, James Holden[6], who has not received any such notices or threats.

Haha, they should know anything they come out with to protect stuff will get cracked within a few days if not hours.