How to control sound in Internet Explorer?

vbimport

Im listening music with Winamp and at same time browse on internet. I don’t like Internet Explorer sound interfearing on various pages(especialy flash sites) with my music on Winamp. How do i turn down sound in Internet Explorer without shutting down all the sound on pc ?

Go to IE options and uncheck the option “Play Sounds in webpages”

This should work :slight_smile:

You might want to vote in my poll

geno888 that doesn’t work for flash type pages. I doubt that this works at all, this is what i first tryed.

Try this one.

Go to menu Tool --> Manage Addons

Search for the flash player and disable it. This should work, but you will be not able anymore to see any flash object

If i disable flash objects i can’t open flash based sites with or without music.
I just wanted to mute IE while i listen music but i guess those geniuses at microsoft didn’t think about this. :slight_smile:

Try this other method. Right click on a flash object and see if it is opened a menu (some flash object disable this option :(). Search for “properties” or “options”. If I’m not wrong there should be also an option to set volume

I pondered about this last year myself.
Sorry to “bump”, but some may google “How to mute IE” hehe.
Well, I do have half an answer.
Vista only. (or read below)“volume mixer” lets you global mute any running program.

“Comment #3 by nimd4 on 2007-11-02, 16:57 GMT reply to this comment
There is IndieVolume which works on Windows XP; Here on Softpedia @ http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/IndieVolume.shtml

As -DarkFoX- says, IndieVolume works perfect so far(XP). I’m doing the 30 day trial, and everything seems perfect. No more flash-ads blasting me off my chair! www.indievolume.com