How to Contact Lite-On - bad burner!

Looks like my burner is pretty screwed now. It can’t write one single CD where the scandisc in Nero’s CDspeed comes out 100%. None are bad sectors, just yellow, but before it was a breeze getting flawless burns. And yes, I’m using high quality media, media I’ve used before w/o issue. Mitsui Silver 24x and Maxell 24x. Both used before flawlessly, plus I’m burning them @24x max! How can I get this dealt with, the burner is a few months old, retail, and I still have the bill, it’s a 40125W. Also can someone recommend some CD-Rs that should be flawless too, I’m gonna possibly do some more testing, an not TY CD-Rs, if possible, hard as hell to find them here. Thanks!

I’m suddenly having a similar problem with my Memorex 48MAXX (LiteOn OEM), which has been flashed to a LTR-48125W. I noticed that when burning in 48x, I also get a lot of errors (the yellow ones mainly, but occassionally a red one) in Nero CD Speed ScanDisc. They occur towards the end of the scan where I assume the drive was writing at its maximum speed. Backing the speed down to 40x while burning, cures the problem. I’m using 80 Min FUJI 48x certified TY with Japan stamped on them. I hate to tell you how many I went through the past two days, while testing. I went back to the original Memorex firmware that shipped with the drive, but the problem persists. Looks like my drive is screwed, too.

I’m pretty dissappointed to be honest. I haven’t overclocked my burner cause I really don’t need the 8x boost. I had my Plextor for a really long time and it was still writing reliably. I think I may have made a mistake moving to Lite-On… :frowning:

There are people that gets bad luck I gues. My burner is still fine. Burns 100 % good copies. about 1 years old, soon. :slight_smile:

Still very happy that I found Lite-On. :slight_smile: It’s so dam sheap, and so dam good. Ohh well… It’s my opinion thoughts… :slight_smile:

It’s a 40125W@48125W VS08

/Dyzan

I’m not faulting LiteOn. Inevitably some marginal units will slip past QC. It’s like you said. . . chalk it up to bad luck. I’m the neurotic type that takes the best looking box, from way in the back of the shelf, and still often times wind up getting a lemon. Born under an unlucky sign, or whatever. . . I initially bought the drive on 11-SEP at Best Buy. I found out that there was a price drop, and 2 MIRs on 18-SEP, so I went back to the store with the receipt, and they re-rang it up as a return, gave me the price difference, and the slips for the MIRs. Incidentally, the new receipt is dated 18-SEP. I’m going to try to return the drive tonight for an exchange. While it is technically past the 30 day return/exchange period because the original purchase was on the 11’th, perhaps they’ll have pity on me. Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. My luck is bound to change one of these days. Thanks for letting me rant a little. I needed to vent.

Eluder
The media you are using is marginal at best for the 40x drive, try to find some TY to confirm your problem. Both my LiteOn drives burn flawlessly at 40x with the right media.

Mitsui Silver are marginal at best? Hmm, last time I checked they were on par with TY or better. Remember, I am burning them at their rated speed of 24x. Plus I never had any yellow sectors with these disks before. Hey rdgrimes, want to send me ONE 40x TY and prove me wrong, seriously. :stuck_out_tongue:

Smartburn info for the Mitsuis:
This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 27s 56f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Mitsui
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

Smartburn info for the Maxells:
This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Phthalocyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 15s 17f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = RiTEK,TG
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Eluder
The media you are using is marginal at best for the 40x drive, try to find some TY to confirm your problem. Both my LiteOn drives burn flawlessly at 40x with the right media.