How to connect CD Writer along with DVD Writer?

Hello friends. I’m having Samsung DVD Writer connected to my system to secondary IDE cable. My harddisk was connected to Primary IDE cable. I have Samsung CD Writer, now I want to conncet this along with DVD Writer.

I tried to connect this CD writer by changing it’s jumper to slave pin and connected to primary IDE cable. Now CD writer is sometimes detecting by windows xp and some times not.

If it is detected, it can’t read CDs, it will show
Available space: 0 bytes,
Total space: 0 bytes.

When I insert any new CD to burn, the burn process is getting failed.

Please tell me whether I have to put the jumper or remove the jumper. If jumper is must, where should I put. To which IDE cable I should connect CD Writer ( to harddisk or DVD Writer )? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Have your DVD writer as Secondary–Master, and the CD writer as Secondary–Slave. Ensure the drives are jumpered and physically connected properly, and you shouldn’t have much of an issue with this setup.

yeah give Wallace’s suggestion a try.

[QUOTE=wallace0134;1918191]Have your DVD writer as Secondary–Master, and the CD writer as Secondary–Slave. Ensure the drives are jumpered and physically connected properly, and you shouldn’t have much of an issue with this setup.[/QUOTE]

Yo bigAl-

Good advice - also - it is a good practice to also go into the ‘Control Panel’ go to ‘System’ go to ‘Hardware’ ‘Device Manager’ go to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers’ go to ‘Secondary Channel’ go to ‘Driver’ tab - go to ‘Uninstall’ click on ‘OK’ - immediately reboot machine - windows will load fresh drivers after the desktop appears and you are then ready to go-

The above procedure should be done with [I]every[/I] change made to the CD or DVD drives (i.e. changing drives, updating firmwares, etc)-eh!!:iagree:

[quote=bigmike7;1918253]Yo bigAl-

Good advice - also - it is a good practice to also go into the ‘Control Panel’ go to ‘System’ go to ‘Hardware’ ‘Device Manager’ go to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers’ go to ‘Secondary Channel’ go to ‘Driver’ tab - go to ‘Uninstall’ click on ‘OK’ - immediately reboot machine - windows will load fresh drivers after the desktop appears and you are then ready to go-

The above procedure should be done with [I]every[/I] change made to the CD or DVD drives (i.e. changing drives, updating firmwares, etc)-eh!!:iagree:[/quote]:iagree:.