How to compress some extra files on a DVD DL?

vbimport

Hi! I’m new here and I don’t really know If this is the right section to post my question but, anyway, here it goes:

I need to burn about 4.78GB, in a double layer dvd (Memorex Label, the crappy ones made by Ritek, altough my burner has handled them very well so far :clap: ) and I want to know If there is any way I can compress the files just a liiiiitlle bit, since I can´t fit them (video files, a whole NIP TUCK season) in there without having to delete one episode. Which is ridiculous, since I can´t seem to fit everything for just some MB’s. :frowning:

Could anyone give me some help here?

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Welcome to CDF Pedro. Why do you need a DL disc for a file that could be compressed to fit onto a SL disc? DVD Shrink (free), Nero Recode ($$$), DVD2One ($$$) and DVD-Rebuilder ($$$ & free). For episodic backups I would go for DVD-Rebuilder as it will give you the best quality in the end.

[QUOTE=Pedro_Crispim;2095234]Hi! I’m new here and I don’t really know If this is the right section to post my question but, anyway, here it goes:

I need to burn about 4.78GB, in a double layer dvd (Memorex Label, the crappy ones made by Ritek, altough my burner has handled them very well so far :clap: ) and I want to know If there is any way I can compress the files just a liiiiitlle bit, since I can´t fit them (video files, a whole NIP TUCK season) in there without having to delete one episode. Which is ridiculous, since I can´t seem to fit everything for just some MB’s. :frowning:

Could anyone give me some help here?

Thanks in advance! ;)[/QUOTE]

Well first off what kinda burner are you using? You can buy DL media they are still expensive but not as they used to be. You have to have a program to shrink that media to fit on SL media. I don’t know but I think you will need something like Anydvd to decrypt and then using the shrink programs to make it fit on SL media or get Dvdfab plat which will fit it onto a SL media. This options is only if your media is CSS protected which I think it is. So unless you use something like Anydvd or Dvdfab plat you won’t get pass the protection.