How to compact VTS files into one movie (freeware)

vbimport

Hi,

I copied (ripped) a movie with menus to my computer but they are all broken up into VTS files. How can I get it into one big file? (One big movie)

I want to take that one big file and put it onto a portable hard-drive for my friend.

Thank you!

What program did you use to “rip” the movie? You should have a Video_TS and an Audio_TS folder for DVD.

[QUOTE=Riff88;2557526]Hi,

I copied (ripped) a movie with menus to my computer but they are all broken up into VTS files. How can I get it into one big file? (One big movie)

I want to take that one big file and put it onto a portable hard-drive for my friend.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

DVDFab Ripper does a good job just select the VOB passthrough, if you don’t have DVDFab there is a 30 day trial.

What format do you want as an end result? If you have ripped a dvd-video straight to files ( in a Video_TS folder as Whappo points out), then you can use Vob2Mpg to get an mpeg2 file from them. The free version of Vob2Mpg works fine for this. This program just takes the video out of the vob container format, and leaves you the mpeg2 video file, with no loss of quality.

If you want a different format, or a smaller sized file, you can use a conversion program. Handbrake is a good one when going to H264 mp4 or mkv files. AutoGK is the old standby for xvid avi files. You’ll lose a small amount of video quality when converting to these formats, but done well, you probably won’t notice it in actual playback.

Might as well add DVDShrink can also produce a DVD with one large .vob & .ifo & bup files.
I think the problem with most if not all of these is the menu will be lost or no longer work because it will just be part of the video & not interactive.
I don’t know why you don’t use the VIDEO_TS folder as it was ripped . Most players can play this as a complete movie .