How to combine 2 converted avi files into 1?

vbimport

Hi everyone,
I’d be most appreciative of your kind advice, and will try to phrase my problem as specific as possible, please do bear with me as my computer knowledge is rather limited. :confused:

My question is how do I combine 2 avi files in which I’ve already converted into the relevant VIDEO_TS files so I could burn them using Nero 6 and then play on my DVD player?:doh:

For example, I’ve downloaded a movie which consists of 2 avi files, part 1 and part 2. When I am finished with the conversion of them into the VIDEO_TS files using DivX to DVD, all of the VIDEO_TS files contained inside the part 1 and part 2 folders bear the exact same names, including the .BUP, .IFO, .VOB extensions and Nero has a message that pops up saying that I cannot burn/combine them since their names are the same, I’ve tried changing the names slightly as a result, but still get an error message. :eek:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really do not want to have to download those movies again as it takes a long time on my slow connection. :sad:

And to clarify, I’ve tried converting the avi. file and subsequently using Nero to burn it with no problems at all when the movie only consists of 1 avi. files, it’s only when the movie is split into 2 parts does the problem start.

Does anyone else have the same problems?

Thanks again!:o

You could use AVI DeMux to join them before the conversion to DVD. Just set audio and video to copy, load part 1 and append part 2.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2454878]You could use AVI DeMux to join them before the conversion to DVD. Just set audio and video to copy, load part 1 and append part 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks olyteddy! I’ll give your advice a shot and see how it works!:iagree: