How to clean the lens of LG GSA H50N

vbimport

Hi,
I would like to clean the lens of the drive. By following one of the guides found on the internet, I managed to take down the drive and unscrew the back panel of the drive and popped out the disc tray. But I don’t see the laser lens. Do I have to take off other parts before I can see the laser lens? As you can see I am not very good at repairs. So any snap shots to show me how to get at the lens would be appreciated. Thanks.

You need to dismantle the drive entirely. There is no specific difference between drives from different manufacturers, so you can use nearly any tutorial video posted on yuotube or similar locations.

Michael
P.S.: Crossposting is not allowed. :cop: your two other posts have been deleted for that reason.

When you took the drive apart did you poke the small hole with a paper clip to pop out the drive? If you did that when you took apart the case you will pull the drive out and see the laster below the plastic tray.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2537376]When you took the drive apart did you poke the small hole with a paper clip to pop out the drive? If you did that when you took apart the case you will pull the drive out and see the laster below the plastic tray.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did pop out the disc tray. Before doing that I took the 4 screws off the bottom plate of the drive and slid out the bottom plate with the drive lying upside down on a table. In this position I do not see any laser lens at the space where the pulled out tray used to be.

when you said " the laser is below the tray ", is the drive unit at its upright position? if yes, then in my upside down position, the laser is “above” the tray? It is frustrating without diagrams to illustrate things. I tried to attach a camera shot of the inside of the drive after I had done the above dismantling, but the file size exceeds the limit. Presumably you cannot attach any photos either. Maybe you can try another go? thanks

[QUOTE=sskyu;2537469]Presumably you cannot attach any photos either. Maybe you can try another go? thanks[/QUOTE]

You can attach files providing they’re within certain size limits.

You’ll see a list of the permitted sizes displayed if you click on the paperclip icon in the advanced reply screen.

[B]Wombler[/B]

as I said, mine is over the limit

[QUOTE=sskyu;2537488]as I said, mine is over the limit[/QUOTE]

You need to either resize it in your favourite package or upload it to one of the many picture hosting websites and post a link.

Windows Paint can resize it for you if you don’t have any other suitable software.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Buy a new burner

[QUOTE=camellote;2537536]Buy a new burner[/QUOTE]

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: