How to clean LCD TV screen

vbimport

my kids always touch the screen when our LCD TV IS playing.how can i clean it?

I use the same cleaner as I use to clean my scanner glass.

Hi and Welcome!

I am using a microfiber tissue with a little bit water applied. You might also have a look into the manual of your monitor, there are often very useful recommendations about that.

Michael

If you do not want to pay for a commercial product, mixing up your own solution is very easy. If you don’t want to take any chances use a professional product.

Two ingredients you will need.

70% Isopropyl Alcohol
Distilled Water

The recipe is easy: Mix the Isopropyl alcohol and distilled water in equal parts (50/50) inside an empty Windex-like bottle. Do not use tap water! Doing so will leave white smears on your screen after cleaning it up because of the dissolved minerals inside the water.

Next, you will need to find a good, soft piece of microfiber cloth to clean your display. Avoid paper tissues at all cost! Using those on your screen would be just like scrubbing sandpaper on it and may scratch it permanently.

Start by turning off your screen. Dampen your piece of soft cloth with your cleaning mixture and then wipe the display gently from top to bottom. Never spray liquid directly onto the LCD. When you’re done, wait a few minutes to let your screen dry, and then you can turn it on.

:cool::cool:

You forbid them from sitting too near the screen!

Absolutely!! :iagree: I tried cleaning mine after a years use (usually just use a swiffer) Anyways used store bought Memorex LCD cleaner and a Micro-fibre cloth supplied. What a fricken mess. Streaks galore. Took about an hour to get it right. Went out and bought a new TV after that affair.:bigsmile: