How to choose printer for printing on cd and dvd?

vbimport

Hello, I am new to this area and maybe someone can help me. I want printer to print on cd and dvd. The main criteria is quality. I want that these cd’s will be similar or near like professionals. I know that I dont want epson. At the moment I am thinking about buying canon IP4700 and tray from ebay, also primera bravo se or microboards. I want to spend as low money as possible. Price/quality balance. I need to know if I pay 1000$ for a printer it will make much better work than for example ip4700.

I am waiting all opinions.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Although I’m not a huge Epson fan from past experiences either, I have an Epson R265 (wanted a Canon, but none in stock), but I’ve heard nothing but good stuff about Canon ones.

I know you don’t want an Epson, but we have a great thread in our Disc Printing forum, which compares the Canons to Epsons - might be worth a read whilst you’re waiting for other replies: Printer Comparison: Epson vs Canon.

Yeah I think the $1000 models are more for mass production. The ip4700 would make excellent prints I believe, I have a pixma and its great.

Also I would like to know last question. For example, I have dvd from wedding, I want to copy it. What scanner to buy for scanning cd/dvd. I used my hp c4280 and I want to know if I buy for example canon 8800f maybe it makes better scans of cd/dvd that I can print them on later.

Thank you.

[QUOTE=kaipsekas;2515331]Hello, I am new to this area and maybe someone can help me. I want printer to print on cd and dvd. The main criteria is quality. I want that these cd’s will be similar or near like professionals. I know that I dont want epson. At the moment I am thinking about buying canon IP4700 and tray from ebay, also primera bravo se or microboards. I want to spend as low money as possible. Price/quality balance. I need to know if I pay 1000$ for a printer it will make much better work than for example ip4700.

I am waiting all opinions.

Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE]

My advice before you buy from ebay make sure you know what your getting and thoroughly check the seller and make sure the buyers are legit buyers not something fabricated to show give the seller dubious rating. Sometimes buying new will give you better support as well as RMA help when you needed it. Buying “as if” doesn’t give you much recourse when it goes bad. Not all seller on ebay are bad but one should go with caution when buying online when you can’t go and see the product your buying. You could also try craiglist for comparison as well.

I mean that I buy tray from ebay not all printer, but thanks.

Can anyone say opinion about scanners?