How To Change My DVD Drive's Name

I flashed my LTD 166S to DS14 but I’m not really happy with the name although it doesn’t affect the performance.

The current name is :
JLMS XJ-HD166S

I want to change it to :
LiteON LTD-166S

Is there any modified fimwares or is there anyway to change to name ?

Would you settle for “LITEON DVD-ROM LTD-166S”?

if so, then test this.

It’s all yours if it works digi.

I just tested the file and it works

what section of the firmware was changed if u dont mind me asking?

kinda new to hexin, but i would not mind knowin so i can do it myself in future versions

Just search for “JLMS” and replace it to your liking. You need to replace the byteswapped Device ID as well, it will show up as “LJSM”. whatever you do, don’t add or remove any bytes. Email me and I’ll email you back with more info. dhc014@firmware-flash.com

Yeah, sure ! Thanks !

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]Would you settle for “LITEON DVD-ROM LTD-166S”?

if so, then test this.

It’s all yours if it works digi. [/B]

Cheers Dhc014 :cool: much appreciated.
Personally I don’t care what its called, but there seemed to be a demand from some feverish Liteon fans :bigsmile:
BTW, what’s the byteswap for Harley-Davidson I like this name far better than either Liteon or Jlms :stuck_out_tongue:

Just 2 additional remarks:

• Changing the name might give you a problem for future firmware upgrades, using the official unpatched utility. Of course the Mtkflash and Flashfix ways will be still open to you.

• Imho sooner or later we’ll have to get used to the Jlms & XJ-HD names. Liteon(it) just don’t make dvd drives anymore…

Originally posted by Mango

Cheers Dhc014 :cool: much appreciated.
Personally I don’t care what its called, but there seemed to be a demand from some feverish Liteon fans :bigsmile:
BTW, what’s the byteswap for Harley-Davidson I like this name far better than either Liteon or Jlms :stuck_out_tongue:

“aHlryeD-vadios nTL-D61S6” will be “Harley-Davidson LTD-166S”

:smiley: :bigsmile:

I would prefer :

LITE-ON LTD166S

Is there anyway to hack the firmware myself ?

Yes. Get a hex editor and take a look at the binaries. It’s not very complicated.

Originally posted by liteonmania
[B]I would prefer :

LITE-ON LTD166S

Is there anyway to hack the firmware myself ? [/B]

What are the steps to do it ? Which hex should I edit ?

Originally posted by liteonmania
What are the steps to do it ? Which hex should I edit ?

What’s your email address?

wyemarn@hotmail.com

Thanks !

I have a JLMS XJ-HD165H flashed with the latest CH11 (+ Region Free) firmware, i would like to change the name to LITE-ON LTD-165H, could someone help me do this? I made an attempt myself with the information from this thread but borked the drive :eek: , but managed to reset the firmware. If someone could edit the firmare (found here: http://digi.rpc1.org/) for me, that would be great.

Cheers :bow:

Originally posted by Burned_Alive
I have a JLMS XJ-HD165H flashed with the latest CH11 (+ Region Free) firmware, i would like to change the name to LITE-ON LTD-165H, could someone help me do this? I made an attempt myself with the information from this thread but borked the drive :eek: , but managed to reset the firmware. If someone could edit the firmare (found here: http://digi.rpc1.org/) for me, that would be great.

Cheers :bow:

1. I could rename the drive Jennifer Lopez for you, but I won’t :stuck_out_tongue: It’s time to get used to the new name and if you change it now, future official upgrades will refuse the drive.

2. I prefer you don’t post direct links to files on my site, you can link to the page or to the site. Thanks.
    Edit: Cheers Airhead! :cool:

Originally posted by Mango

Just 2 additional remarks:

• Changing the name might give you a problem for future firmware upgrades, using the official unpatched utility. Of course the Mtkflash and Flashfix ways will be still open to you.

• Imho sooner or later we’ll have to get used to the Jlms & XJ-HD names. Liteon(it) just don’t make dvd drives anymore…
    Words of wisdom spoken !
    It’s like > think twice before getting tattooed…this might be outta vogue in a couple of… :smiley: