How to change drive bezel / faceplate?

vbimport

I haven’t done this before and neither has Lite-On provided any instructions on how to do this but how do you change the front faceplate / bezel of the drive?

I need to swap mine to match the color of my case and don’t want to damage the drive when sawapping the bezels.

The drive is a DH-20A4P, similiar to a 20A1P in appearance.

Thanks.

It’s easy. First, use a straightened paper clip or something similar to open the tray (there’s a small hole in the drive front for that purpose). Slide the tray front up and off (you can see how it’s constructed by looking at the replacement tray front). Slide the new front on until it snaps into place. Then close the tray.

The drive faceplate is held by catches at three points: each side and either the top or bottom. Use a screwdriver or something similar to push the catches in one at a time, and pull the faceplate off the drive a little at each point until it’s completely released and can easily be lifted off the drive. Then attach the new faceplate, snapping it into place at all three points. [I]Voila[/I]!

Then install the burner in your computer. :slight_smile:

You’ll want to switch the faceplates [I]before[/I] you snap the new tray cover on ;).

:flower:

[QUOTE=Cressida;2028215]You’ll want to switch the faceplates [I]before[/I] you snap the new tray cover on ;).[/QUOTE]

What advantage is there in doing it in this order?

[QUOTE=Eiji;2028268]What advantage is there in doing it in this order?[/QUOTE]

You can’t get the faceplate off or on with the bezel in the way! :doh:

superhero

[QUOTE=superhero;2028348]You can’t get the faceplate off or on with the bezel in the way! :doh:

superhero[/QUOTE]

Oh :smiley:

[QUOTE=Cressida;2028215]You’ll want to switch the faceplates [I]before[/I] you snap the new tray cover on ;).[/QUOTE]

I had a set of instructions with my LH-20A1H drive (retail box); Cressida is indeed correct. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2028530]I had a set of instructions with my LH-20A1H drive (retail box); Cressida is indeed correct. :)[/QUOTE]

Never looked at those, but I must have done it the wrong way around at least once (and still might) :wink: