How to change Bitsetting on "TSST corp CDDVDW TS-L633C"

vbimport

I have been having issues with burning DVD’s on my computer. I cannot get the Dual layer dvd’s to play. I think the Bitsetting might need to be changed but I’m not sure how to do this. I have a TSST corp CDDVDW TS-L633C. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jim

I can’t find any info on bitsetting with that drive, I did find a FW update Link.

When making a DL disc you should use IMGburn its the most reliable and coded to do the job right. There is a way to set booktype in IMGburn but its only if your drive already supports it.

Moving your thread over to the ‘Samsung burners’ forum :slight_smile:

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=quasimojo39;2487043]I have been having issues with burning DVD’s on my computer. I cannot get the Dual layer dvd’s to play. I think the Bitsetting might need to be changed but I’m not sure how to do this. I have a TSST corp CDDVDW TS-L633C. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
[/QUOTE]Bitsetting is mainly an issue with ancient DVD players. Most modern players don’t have problems with recognising DVD+R (including DL). What matters, that is the quality of blank media. Slim drives are not that reliable in general, and when DL is used, the only media you can trust at the moment is Verbatim.

TSST drives do bitsetting to DVD-ROM automagically if either Nero or ImgBurn is used. Unfortunately, this feature is often removed with OEM firmware for manufacturers like HP, Dell or other brand computers.

Michael
@eric: Thanks for moving :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replys. I figured out the problem. It was not the bitsetting on the drive, it was the disks. I was using memorex DVD+R DL discs and apparently they are terrible. I got some verbatim discs and they work great.

One more quick question…

Does it matter which Verbatim DL discs I use? I have seen some sites that suggest the 8x DL’s from Verbatim are garbage, just like the Memorex. I currently have the 2.4x discs and they are wonderful but slow to burn… Any thoughts?

Hi,

are these 2.4x blanks “Made in Singapore”? Then stock these up - they are among the most compatible stuff you can get.
Some people were not happy with later 8x discs, but since the results strongly depend on the drive that is used, the equation 8x Verbatim DL = poor is not true.

Also keep in mind, 8x speeds are the technical limit of your drive. Not always using full speed isn’t really a bad idea :slight_smile:

Michael

Michael,

Again, I appreciate all of your help.

Is there any way to boost burn speed with the 2.4x discs or is that speed a very rigid figure?

Hi,[QUOTE=quasimojo39;2487584]
Is there any way to boost burn speed with the 2.4x discs or is that speed a very rigid figure?[/QUOTE]The speed is determined by the firmware of your drive.
Using tools like MediaCode SpeedEdit it is possible (at least with some drives) to modify the firmware. But this something for those who know what they are doing and don’t mind coastering precious DL Verbies.

In your case, patience is rewarded by readable discs :slight_smile:

Michael

Stand by for a SC01 firmware update if you have a Samsung Laptop. :slight_smile: