How to change bitsetting on 1016IM?

I recently got a new Dual Layer burner (a BTC/Emprex 1016IM), and I’m going to do my first DL burn soon.

I read on videohelp.com that the best way to make a 1:1 DL copy is to use DVDDecrypter in ISO Read, and then to burn using ISO Write. This is the way I plan to do it.

I want to do the Book Type/Bitsetting to DVD-Rom thing, so my DVD+R DL’s will have maximum compatibility in my DVD Players. I looked in the Book Type area in DVDDecrypter, but there isn’t an option for BTC or Emprex drives. I know that Nero has this option, but since I’m going to be burning in DVDDecrypter, I don’t think that will really help me.

I know there is a bitsetting tool on drvupdate.com…is this the best way for me to do the bitsetting, even if I’m going to burn in DVDDecrypter? If it is, exactly how do I do it? Do I have to leave the bitsetting program open while I’m in DVDDecrypter, or what?

I’d really appreciate any advice on this topic…
:slight_smile:

Maybe you can burned it with DVDDecrypter and then using Nero to set the type as DVD-ROM disc.

Bump—any solutions?

Thanks, Dale

Nero 6/7, Nero CD/DVD Speed, DD, …

all should work.

I agree, however I’ve tried DVDInfoPro and Nero, both of which just lockup. Sometimes DVDInfoPro will report that my burner is unsupported. It is a BTC-1016IM (IOMagic). Ideas? I’ve used CloneDVD in the past, however, I’m giving Nero Recode a try as I type; I noticed the DVD-ROM option which I set and I will determine if the settings actually sticks. Off topic, but, do you prefer Recode or CloneDVD’s output?

Thanks Dale

OK; I have things working…Nero never offered that option before. I updated the firmware to A190 and now it seems to be working properly. BTW—using DVD-R media, can you do bitsetting and if so, does it make a difference.
Thanks!
Dale

Bitsetting on DVD-R is not possible, some applications let the media appear with DVD-ROM booktype by using some kind of “trick” and it makes no difference. Real bitsetting can only be done on DVD+R