How to burn w/Nero?

vbimport

Converted avi. video files w/dvdSanta (I know, nobody likes it) and it’s in a folder called “TempDVD” and sub-folder “VIDEO_TS” w/the following:

VIDEO_TS.BUP 106KB BUP FILE
VIDEO_TS.IFO 106KB Nero Showtime File
VTS_01_0.BUP 96KB BUP FILE
VTS_01_0.IFO 96KB Nero Showtime File
VTS_01_1.VOB 845,716KB Nero Showtime File

Which Nero do I use (Nero Express, Nero Burning ROM, NeroVision Express 3, etc) AND HOW??? Baby-step by baby-step PLEASE!!! So f#$king stupid and NOTHING I try works :a :frowning: :confused:

There is a flash based tutorial for burning a DVD video with Nero Burning ROM here: http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php. Your version of Nero may look a little different, but this should get you started. Just click on the blue arrows to move through the tutorial. If the arrows don’t show up right away, just wait.

DRF

okay, here we go: Use nero express, make sure you select your dvd drive in the options at the top: E: My dvd drive (DVD). Now choose dvd video files and browse until you find the follwoing files, now select all your files:

VIDEO_TS.BUP 106KB BUP FILE
VIDEO_TS.IFO 106KB Nero Showtime File
VTS_01_0.BUP 96KB BUP FILE
VTS_01_0.IFO 96KB Nero Showtime File
VTS_01_1.VOB 845,716KB Nero Showtime File

and choose add, then finish and then the next button, choose a name for disk and hit ye olde burn button.

First off, thank you both.

See this is kind of the problem that I’m having. One recommends Nero Burning ROM, another Nero Express, and on another forum (no offense intended) Nero Recode. Can make a dummy a little crazy. Which is easiest and best quality? Thanks.

Done as you’ve suggested. At the BURN page and here’s my concern. On the scale at the bottom, the maximum is 4500MB. Inserted all the above files and the blue line is only at 800MB. Movie is almost 2 hrs. Shouldn’t this line be longer? In NUMEROUS attempts, any time the line was “short” my disc never burned. Desired result is burning onto DVD+R and watch on portable DVD player.

The size of those video files is VERY small for a 2h film. I think something has gone wrong somewhere.

I use Nero Vision Express to make my DVD’s that I need from AVI files, just drag them in & get the software to do a 2 pass conversion (1 pass is acceptable, I just prefer better quality).

& get the software to do a 2 pass conversion (1 pass is acceptable, I just prefer better quality).
***OUCH! Just lost me.

If you click on More at the bottom of the page you can click on the video options button.

Here you can see the tab marked DVD-Video & can choose the fast encoding mode (1 pass) or High Quality (2 Pass VBR).

I always choose 2 pass as it allows the encoder to use the available space better.

& get the software to do a 2 pass conversion
***My mistake here. I thought you meant “GET” as in “go out and buy”. :confused:

Question. On NeroVision Express 3, in the settings, when it comes to best possible picture which is superior; “Automatic” OR “High Quality”?