How to Burn Titles on DVDs

vbimport

If this post should be in a different section, please move it.

Last fall I installed two Lenovo refurbished PC’s. They are running Windows 7 and both have DVD Writer Model TS-H653 drives that I use to burn DVDs using ImgBurn software.

I usually buy (from Office Depot) the lowest priced blank DVDs (often Memorex) but last week they had on sale Verbatim writable blank DVDs, so I bought a pack of 100. When I started to use them I noticed that the upper surface was apparently coated with a cream colored substance.

I decided that this surface could be “burned” with the title information but really had no idea how to accomplish that.

After a search (using Google) and then a search on Myce.com I found some information about this process, but is was dated almost 10 years ago and it did not mention these Verbatim DVDs nor the model of the drive that I have on my Lenovo PCs.

So, my request (questions) - Can someone tell me 1. Can my drives “burn” titles on to these Verbatim DVDs? 2. Is there a free software package that I can install that will facilitate this burning?

Did the Verbatim packaging say anything about LightScribe?

And the full model number of the drive is required. TS-H653_ is missing a letter after the “3” which denotes hardware revision AND indicates what the drive should be capable of.

Thanks for your reply - :smiley:

[QUOTE=Albert;2761331]Did the Verbatim packaging say anything about LightScribe?[/QUOTE]

Not that I noticed and I have thrown away the packaging. :frowning:

And the full model number of the drive is required. TS-H653_ is missing a letter after the “3” which denotes hardware revision AND indicates what the drive should be capable of.
On another small label the following appeared -

TS-H653B H/W:A Ver. B June 2008

Don’t think that’s a Lightscribe drive, also, the coating could be lightscribe, or it may just be printable - though printable tends to be white, rather than “cream”

If the disc is LightScribe-compatible, the disc will have a pattern in the middle which would be used by a compatible drive to detect that the disc is on the correct side. (Sometimes, the word “LightScribe” will also appear). Look at the image on the Wikipedia page for an example of what the center of the disc would look like (click on the image to view it larger): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightScribe

If a disc is merely printable (whether with an inkjet printer, thermal printer, etc), it sometimes (not always!) mentions on the disc that it is printable.

If you’re still in doubt & can take a picture of the disc (or scan the disc in a traditional flatbed scanner connected to your computer), show us what it looks like. Also describe the texture of the surface.

& as Matth said, that is a normal drive with no labeling capabilities.

[QUOTE=Albert;2761362]

& as Matth said, that is a normal drive with no labeling capabilities.[/QUOTE]

That being the case there is no point in further discussion.

I may consider getting a “LightScribe” DVD burner drive when my current drive needs to be replaced.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.