How to burn PS1 game (without chipped console)

Sorry if this is an old question but my search tool isn’t working.

I’ve bought a PS1 off ebay, and just want a few PS1 games for my 4yr old to play… She loves Spyro (as do I) and would like to know if it’s possible to copy Spyro game and use in a un-chipped PS1 console.

I’ve been using dvdshrink and dvddecrypter to copy movies for a while but never attempted games as i thought that my console would need to be modified (or chipped) so can I go any further? or do I need to sort out my console?

Thanks in advance for any help.

you will need a chip, you can try doing a disc swap but the chip is way easier. As for what programs to use to burn the games use clonecd, discjuggler, blindwrite

Ok if I get a chip (where would I get one?)
then… can you just copy games using “disk copy” in Nero? or do PS1 games have protection that needs to be dealt with?

thanks

You can get modchips from a lot of places but here is a link http://www.modchip.com/
Give clonecd a try it has a trial period and will work, whereas nero may not

Some do have an additional protection called Libcrypt that you won’t be able to just copy with nero. Try either CloneCD as suggested by slayerking or alcohol.

Btw, if you’ve got a 4 year old, a mod-chip is pretty much a necessity as the swap disc method is neither as reliable nor particularly suitable for a young child.