How To Burn Playable DVD Movies?

Hi all, Im new to DVD burning. I have downloaded a movie and created VOB files. I have been unable to copy onto DVD+R Discs with Nero but Im able to copy them with Instant CD/DVD burner OK. when I put the copied DVD into my DVD player It does not play at all and when I try to play It on my PC it only plays with K-lite media player classic. Does anyone know how do I copy a DVD so Im able to play It on my DVD player ? Thanks In advance.

When you say “copy” do you mean “burn”? To “copy” is to take information from an existing disc and made a duplicate of it. Incidentally I am having issues with Nero copying my DVDs (not copyrighted, just home videos). What version of Nero do you have? What works for me, oddly, is simply importing them and then re-burning them to a blank disc.

You say that it’s playing in K-lite Media Player only? I’m not familiar with that one but it sounds like you’re burning some type of exclusive file that your DVD player and other programs aren’t picking up. Standalone DVD players most commonly will recognize MPEG-2. Just import (rip) your file using Nero, user a converter (there are several free ones out there (just type in “Free Media Converter” in a search engine and many will come up) and then burn the MPEG-2 file. Good luck, hope I’ve answered your question.

P.s. You may want to clarify that your “download” is legal or your may not receive any help here n the future.

Make sure you put the VIDEO_TS folder containing the vob,ifo,and bup files on the disc, and not just the files itself. If there not in a VIDEO_TS folder, most DVD players wont play them. Your DivX DVD Player may play them back as data but not as a true DVD per say.

Make sure you use quality media, and dont burn to fast. Around 8X is the max.

This should help you determine what is quality media and whats garbage/coasters.

[QUOTE=CNG81;2300522]Hi all, Im new to DVD burning. I have downloaded a movie and created VOB files. I have been unable to copy onto DVD+R Discs with Nero but Im able to copy them with Instant CD/DVD burner OK. when I put the copied DVD into my DVD player It does not play at all and when I try to play It on my PC it only plays with K-lite media player classic. Does anyone know how do I copy a DVD so Im able to play It on my DVD player ? Thanks In advance.[/QUOTE]

What format did it come in? Also what program did you use to convert it to DVD format?? Did you first make sure it played properly on your computer as the downloaded format from beginning to end before trying to convert it? You game some information but not enough specs to give us a heads up as to what might be going on.

[QUOTE=CNG81;2300522]Hi all, Im new to DVD burning. I have downloaded a movie and created VOB files. I have been unable to copy onto DVD+R Discs with Nero but Im able to copy them with Instant CD/DVD burner OK. when I put the copied DVD into my DVD player It does not play at all and when I try to play It on my PC it only plays with K-lite media player classic. Does anyone know how do I copy a DVD so Im able to play It on my DVD player ? Thanks In advance.[/QUOTE]

Start using legal sources.