How to burn or crack protected WMA files?

I just used Easy CD Creator Classic 6 to burn the protected WMA files I downloaded from Musicmatch Online music service to a audio CD. Then I used MusicMatch Plus to rip the cd and created MP3 that were vbr with no copy protection it worked great. I used a CDRW as the burning media so that I could just erase and use again.

Thank you. Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 worked for me as well with protected wma that I bought from BuyMusic.com.

Glad I could help:cool:

Originally posted by st89jebn
Thank you. Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 worked for me as well with protected wma that I bought from BuyMusic.com.

I tried Easy CD Creator 5 and it won’t let me burn the WMA. It says I need to unlock it. I don’t have CD Creator 6 but I would have thought an earlier version of the software would have done the trick. I wonder if the WMP9 codecs have anything to do with the difficulties. I just installed WMP9 on my PC today.

EDIT: Whoops! I have to burn the WMAs to a CDRW first, right? I was trying to convert and burn them at the same time (like with MP3s in Nero).

i thought the latest nero would allow burning also, but i can’t find the info back

I can burn WMAs direct to CD in Nero, but I can’t burn and convert them to the WAVs common stand alone CD players can read.

Okay, I am presently “burning” one song I’ve got in WMA format. It appears that Nero won’t open - let alone burn - a protected WMA. This seems to be the only difference between the WMAs I’ve tried. I’ll go try burning one of the protected WMAs once more just in case. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t follow that TotalRecorder method because Nero and Easy CD Creator won’t allow me to burn audio CD of the WMAs. I can burn data CDs of the WMAs but this isn’t any help. :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Thanks for the information provided. It gave me enough info to figure out a solution. I was just bumping around the web to see what was available. I needed to convert napster wma to rm. Heres how I did it.

Downloaded napster songs and burned to a CDRW with napsters burn. (You have to pay for the tracks first, no biggy for me).

Then ripped cd to mp3 with musicmatch (8?)

To get my rm’s, I then
opened mp3’s in Adobe Audition 1.0
Converted to 16bit (rm cant convert 32 bit wavs for some reason)
saved as a wav file
converted to rm with Real producer 8.51

But for your purposes, you prob could stop after ripping the burnable CD. So, I am thinking that the lesson is… Once the tracks are burned to a CD… bye bye to the protection and hello to MP3’s. Anyways, this was my first experience and I now have 18 rm’s ready for streaming

Chances are ripping the cd after you burn with the napster burner will work form other rippers.

Hope this helps.

Ciao

T

i wish there was a way to burn without having to purchase the music… i’m already paying a measly 19.99 a month… or whatever

The best solution by far:

Don’t buy these ^%$$%$#!! protected files! :a

Get them by P2P or use one of the Russian websites mentioned in this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Easy CD-DA Extractor 7.0 Works. Try the trial version

Unfuck works for me but how do you change the bitrate??? It always seems to do it at 64kbps. I have tried altering the file that appears when u start unfucking but it just goes back to what it was :a

Look at my previous post.

of course Easy CD-DA Extractor doesn’t work. After researching wma protected with DRM9 on the net for 2 days it seems hopeless at this time. But I suppose it’s only a matter of time before someone gets a solution going

Has anyone succeded now in converting protected wma to mp3?

Is there a way to check downloaded mp3’s before burning them? (in order to avoid the burning of discs that don’t play)
Or a procedure that will eliminate any negative effects?

(I had 1 experience: Nero reported everything to be fine but the disc played only a few of the tracks. Burning the Nero .nrg with Alcohol (8x, Lite-On 40x12x48) solved the problem. Haven’t done any cross/repeat tests…)

what DRM licence r we talking about? what can i use (short of total recorder) to convert my drm-ed napster wmas downloaded with the $10/month unlimited play (no burn/transfer) licence

Don’t Pay $10.00 a month.

Work Around for copy protected WMA 9 files.

I recently downloaded 14 songs from Buymusic.com. Thet are WMA 9, DRM protected files.
I have tried a ton of crap to record or convert this junk. Un*uck.exe and Freeme.exe don’t work on WMA 9.

Freeme is definately a good place to start if we have any interested C programmers who would like to pick it up. It includes source code. Micro$oft has increased the size of the encryption code with WMA 9.

I sent Buymusic the following e-mail:

Dear Snot Rag Industries,

I have been unable to burn these files to an audio cd. This was, and is, my only purpose for downloading this music. I have spent several days merely attempting to get this junk to… A. Play and B. Copy. After I finally had to step through a process of individually registering each of these tracks (14) one at a time, The entire process is now lost due to a software removal and installation process. I upgraded to Nero 6.0 from 5.0 in order to copy this and in the process my, previously initialized files, are now de-initialized. Nothing works. What Possible use do I have for this Junk! They are flatline; they are all dead.

Either A. stop wasting my time and make this crap work! or B. Credit a refund to my account. At this point I am so disgusted with You and Your DAMN WMA JUNK that I don’t give a damn! SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF! Me

Their Reply:

Thank you for contacting buy.com.

We are responding to your email regarding order # xxxxxxxx. We apologize for any problems you experienced regarding your order. We have submitted a credit request. This is only a request and it must be approved before the credit is applied.

If the request is approved and the credit is sent to your bank, an email will be sent to you. In that case, please note that it may take 5-7 business days for your bank to apply the credit to your account. Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter.
We apologize again for any inconvenience.

Please feel free to email us if you have any further questions
or concerns.

Sincerely,

Team Buy.com

Needless to say I did not get a refund. That’s what I get for trying to be honest.

I managed to get the files to play again by reinstalling the WMA Codec (Wma Audio Codec.exe Ver. 4.00.0.3845). Attempting to play and simultaneously record to wave caused enumerable system problems. This included Windows removing my CD copy software Adaptec drivers.

Here is a way to get your files to wave. It’s not pretty but it works.

You will need. a second PC ( A Notebook is ideal ). An audio cable with a mini din connector on each end ( About $2.00 ). Wave recording software installed on the second PC. I used ALL2Wave (Free Internet Download).

Set up the wave recording software to record from audio in (Microphone), Stereo input at a high bit rate and frequency to get a quality file.

Connect the audio cable to the Speaker (Audio Out) connector on the main PC’s sound card and to the audio in (Microphone) jack on the second PC.

Play the files one at a time using Media Player, WinAmp, JetAudo or whatever you use, while simultaneously recording and saving the wave files on the second PC.

Once you have the files in wave format convert them to MP3 and post them on Limewire, Kazza and Morpheous!!!

P.S.

Micro$oft $ucks Buck$

Work Around for copy protected WMA 9 files.

I recently downloaded 14 songs from Buymusic.com. Thet are WMA 9, DRM protected files.
I have tried a ton of crap to record or convert this junk. Un*uck.exe and Freeme.exe don’t work on WMA 9.

Freeme is definately a good place to start if we have any interested C programmers who would like to pick it up. It includes source code. Micro$oft has increased the size of the encryption code with WMA 9.

I sent Buymusic the following e-mail:

Dear Snot Rag Industries,

I have been unable to burn these files to an audio cd. This was, and is, my only purpose for downloading this music. I have spent several days merely attempting to get this junk to… A. Play and B. Copy. After I finally had to step through a process of individually registering each of these tracks (14) one at a time, The entire process is now lost due to a software removal and installation process. I upgraded to Nero 6.0 from 5.0 in order to copy this and in the process my, previously initialized files, are now de-initialized. Nothing works. What Possible use do I have for this Junk! They are flatline; they are all dead.

Either A. stop wasting my time and make this crap work! or B. Credit a refund to my account. At this point I am so disgusted with You and Your DAMN WMA JUNK that I don’t give a damn! SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF! Me

Their Reply:

We are responding to your email regarding order # xxxxxxxx. We apologize for any problems you experienced regarding your order. We have submitted a credit request. This is only a request and it must be approved before the credit is applied.

If the request is approved and the credit is sent to your bank, an email will be sent to you. In that case, please note that it may take 5-7 business days for your bank to apply the credit to your account. Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter.
We apologize again for any inconvenience.

Please feel free to email us if you have any further questions
or concerns.

Sincerely,

Team Buy.com

Needless to say I did not get a refund. That’s what I get for trying to be honest.

I managed to get the files to play again by reinstalling the WMA Codec (Wma Audio Codec.exe Ver. 4.00.0.3845). Attempting to play and simultaneously record to wave caused enumerable system problems. This included Windows removing my CD copy software Adaptec drivers.

Here is a way to get your files to wave. It’s not pretty but it works.

You will need. a second PC ( A Notebook is ideal ). An audio cable with a mini din connector on each end ( About $2.00 ). Wave recording software installed on the second PC. I used ALL2Wave (Free Internet Download).

Set up the wave recording software to record from audio in (Microphone), Stereo input at a high bit rate and frequency to get a quality file.

Connect the audio cable to the Speaker (Audio Out) connector on the main PC’s sound card and to the audio in (Microphone) jack on the second PC.

Play the files one at a time using Media Player, WinAmp, JetAudo or whatever you use, while simultaneously recording and saving the wave files on the second PC.

Once you have the files in wave format convert them to MP3 and post them on Limewire, Kazza and Morpheous!!!

P.S.

Micro$oft $ucks Buck$