How to burn or crack protected WMA files?

Useful links and information added by CD Freaks

This thread discusses how you can burn or crack copy protected WMA files. Want to keep it short? Download Tunebite, that’s the solution!

Welcome to Myce, worlds largest digital storage community, with nearly 300k members. If you want to learn how you can get rid of the protection on WMA files to burn them to a CD then you’re on the right place.

Below you can find a few of the methods that are used in this thread. You can find more by browsing the entire thread but it contains hundreds of posts. Here are the most easy ways to convert your WMA files. We have found several solutions for you so you can bypass the WMA file DRM protection. And know that when you are reading this that you are reading the best information regarding about how to burn or crack protected WMA files!

When you are reading this, you might also want to get AnyDVD to bypass video and audio copy protections on CD and DVD. Also read our thread on audio CD protections

Best and easiest solutions: recommended

[ul][li] Tunebite runs in the background on your Windows PC. When you play back a piece of music, Tunebite automatically re-records the song. According to the author of the software this is legal and foolproof. Leverages High Speed Digital Dubbing for turbo-speed recording and allows you to listen to other music while it’s doing its job.
[/li][/ul]

Temporarily offer: Get Tunebite now with €10 / $13 instant off!

If for some reasonTunebite fails, then there are some other options that are reported to work. One of them is an application similar to Tunebite, called MuveAudio, which is also able to remove the DRM from WMA files.

[ul][li] MuvAudio (click for download) is a .NET software application (Windows XP) for recording/converting the audio of most video/audio items that are playable by Windows Media Player. Including audio files protected with a DRM protection like the ones from Napster, MusicMatch and E-music.
[/li][/ul]

Reported to work for some

• Backup music files from Napster/other companies that allow CD burning:

[ul]
[li] Download the songs from Napster
[/li][li] Burn the songs to a CD e.g. using Nero
[/li][li] Rip the CD to MP3 e.g using Easy CDDA Creator
[/li][li] Convert to any format you like e.g. using again Easy CDDA Creator
[/li][/ul]

• Another method using Virtuosa JukeBox (Does not seem to work anymore)

[ul]
[li] Download songs.
[/li][li] Download Virtuosa.
[/li][li] Set Virtuosa WMA–>MP3 to128 Kbps, 44.1 kHz MP3 encoding.
[/li][li] Depending on your system you can encode 50-100 songs at a time.
[/li][/ul]

This is lightyears ahead of the realtime/streaming recording to wav/mp3, and the output quality will be substantially better. If you try and encode at 192, it will not work. 160 occasionally works, but 128 is a LOCK.[/SIZE]

Original post:

Does anyone know of a way to crack or burn protected WMA files? I have downloaded files off of the new napster site and they are protected.

I have searched on the internet and found older programs unfuck.exe and freeme.exe but both don’t seem to do the trick with the newer DRM protection that the napster files have.

The only real work around I’ve seen is to play the files while to record them to your harddrive, thus making a new file. You play all the protected songs one after another making one big new file then split the songs into new individual unprotected songs which then you can do what ever you want with.

There must be a easier and less lengthly way of doing this, has anyone know of a way?

I am in the same boat and would like to see a good way to convert new protected WMA files without unfuck.exe or freeme.exe

There was some person on here who claimed to be able to crack any DRM file but he refuses to tell us. So it could be nonsense.

If I knew believe me I’d tell ya.

DRM 8 and 9 were changed after 7 was cracked and I have not found the time to look into it. But hopefully with holiday coming up I will and have an app for everyone (if it’s possible to do).

Like wise LMK if you find anything on it, even documentionation.

I understand the encryption on the new WMA9 files is pretty strong. Lotsa luck, I hope you can crack it.

Some WMA files have different permissions than others. I downloaded some WMA9 files off the Dimples Records site (cost 99 cents each), and they had permissions letting me play them unlimited times and I could even burn regular WAV (not MP3) copies to CD for use on my car or home stereo. Well, ehhh, once it’s burned, the protection is all gone, and you can then certainly re-rip and convert to MP3.

Anyone who claims to have broken WMA9 encryption but refuses to help us, is either a liar or an asshole. Obviously, such a utility would be in violation of the DMCA, but such utilities can always be released anonymously through sites in places like Pakistan or Hong Kong. And once it gets out, it’s too late, Micro$oft.

Well he said it in this post, for anyone who wants to read my little fit with him.

As for him refusing to share it, could just be BS DRM9 is very difficult as you said.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74359

I just tried Sonic Foundry Batch Converter. This was on a file downloaded from the New Napster on 11/5/03. It converted from WMA to MP3. I was actually shocked to see it actually do it, since I tried 2 other converters and received the message that it was a Protected File.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Talus will test that.

I tried the Batch Converter but did not work…got an error message.

i haven’t tried the Batch Converter, yet. I found a program that you have to register for that will convert them, though. If you don’t register it, it will only do 50% of the file. It’s called Media Twins AEDtools.

Jump,

Will that program you mention convert protected WMA9 files? Does it look on your hard drive for the WMA file’s license?

Where do you find that file?

Well, here’s what I can tell you. I just downloaded some music off of a site similar to napster. www.bestbuy.com/digital is where i have a subscription to. AEDtools was able to convert the protected .wma files to .mp3 where as the programs like DBfree or whatever it’s called coudn’t. The products website is here:

http://www.mediatwins.com/products/aedtools.htm

Open the .wma file using a wave editor such as CoolEdit Pro, then simply save as an .mp3 file. If the editor doesn’t have a save to .mp3 option, save it to .wav and any converter will convert .wav to .mp3.

CoolEdit Pro didn’t work.
It only said that the wma file couldn’t be edited cause it was protected.:a

If a sound card has a SPDIF jack (digital in/out) and card is configured to use it, will the output for WMA/MP3/etc. files from WMP be in digital or analog form?

Why not simply use something like Total Recorder?
http://www.highcriteria.com/

Edit:

Would have been too nice.
http://www.highcriteria.com/tr_ext_wma.htm

Originally posted by JustGuest
If a sound card has a SPDIF jack (digital in/out) and card is configured to use it, will the output for WMA/MP3/etc. files from WMP be in digital or analog form?
No, it will be only a digital audio stream over SPDI/F, not any sort of storage disc file format (WMA, MP3, WAV, etc).

Originally posted by jumpinmp
i haven’t tried the Batch Converter, yet. I found a program that you have to register for that will convert them, though. If you don’t register it, it will only do 50% of the file. It’s called Media Twins AEDtools.

Do you have the Registration ID and the Unclock Key for aedtools v.1.062e???

PLEASE NO WAREZ on these forums!

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

From Forum Rules:

The rules:
We do not allow, nor condone any messages containing:

* Requesting for or posting of serial numbers, direct links to cracks or any other information that violates copyright laws or any other laws protecting intellectual property;

Thanks

ET

Originally posted by Ataraxio
Do you have the Registration ID and the Unclock Key for aedtools v.1.062e???

Originally posted by eltranquil
[B]PLEASE NO WAREZ on these forums!

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Thanks

ET [/B]

quote:

From Forum Rules:

The rules:
We do not allow, nor condone any messages containing:

• Requesting for or posting of serial numbers, direct links to cracks or any other information that violates copyright laws or any other laws protecting intellectual property;

Yeah, if you want a s/n or crack, ask for it in a private message, don’t post it in the open.

I used Nero 5.5.x to make a CD image of a protected wma file that I bought on BuyMusic.com, but Nero does not work on protected files.

I tried Unfu**.exe, and it did not work.

I also tried Media Twins AEDTools, and it did not work.

At last, I tried Total Recorder 4.4 SE unregistered version. It does not convert DRM protected wma files either, but it can record the file into wav format as it plays from WMP 9.
A registration key is needed to record more than 30 seconds of audio.:sad: