How to burn multiple DVD into Blu-ray?

vbimport

In some of my bluray disc movies I see extra features in standard definition DVD, thus I think it is possible to burn/backup mutlitple DVD movies in a Blu-ray disc.

Is there a way to do this? A guide?

Thanks in advance.

Anybody?

what a great idea/ go to these places and search

http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=78

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

[QUOTE=helsenvan;2080632]Anybody?[/QUOTE]

Economically doesn,t make sense to have 5 or more movie in one blu-ray disk at the cost of $5 or more per movie. you can copy each movie @ the cost of $.50 per movie in regular DVD disk.

Thanks for the links ETP. I’m overwhelmed with the posts there and still can’t find a solution to my query.

TCAS, you’re actually right about the economics but I have some extra time this summer and I’d like to learn how to “combine” my Lord of The Rings, Dirty Harry and my other DVD sets into a blu-ray disc. I thought it would be fun.

I think it will be fun, and definitely doable. But I don’t know the best method to do this.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/EngadgetHd/~3/3Na0–31ZXI/

DVD neXt COPY Ultimate burns ten DVDs to one Blu-ray Disc

[QUOTE=helsenvan;2083449]Thanks for the links ETP. I’m overwhelmed with the posts there and still can’t find a solution to my query.

TCAS, you’re actually right about the economics but I have some extra time this summer and I’d like to learn how to “combine” my Lord of The Rings, Dirty Harry and my other DVD sets into a blu-ray disc. I thought it would be fun.[/QUOTE]

I know yours is a old post, but like you, the idea of combining sets of movies onto a Standard Definition Blu-Ray is a great idea. It is now a more cost-effective process then back when you first listed your post. But, I am really finding it hard to find the right software. The videos I want to transfer are already on my hard drive as an .mpg (MPEG-2) file.

The problems I am encountering are the software not recognizing the .mpg files, the “authoring” process tends to breakdown before being completed, or the software will not allow standard definition; it wants to convert everything into high definition. The challenge is getting standard definition on a Blu-Ray with the same quality as on a DVD.

Any ideas or letting me know what you are using would be greatly appreciated.

WOW!

I was wondering if this forum was still alive:bigsmile:

I still do not use any blank BD media but own several hundred BD disks and 6 BD players. At Amazon or BB you can pick up good old movies for $5 and new releases for $14-$24. As for data storage 32GB memory cards can be had for $18. On the road I will down load free HD movies with Amazon prime.
Things have really changed in 5 years as most of my laptops do not have a built in DVD or BD player. I back up old movies or RIP them to my HD with Sly Soft HD version. Still a great product BTW.

Most BDs come with a digital copy so the industry got real smart on this stuff. Give everyone what they want upfront for a low price and you will take the wind out of the sales for pirating. :clap:

thx a lot!