HOW TO-Burn multiple avi files

Hello,

I am aware that the normal procedure for burning an avi file to a dvd so it can play on all standard dvd players is to convert using a program for example convertx to dvd, and it converts and burns.
For the last couple of days, I have been trying figure out how to burn avi files on to a dvd, but without converting files. my dvd player supports divx among others.
I started looking for this when a friend of mine who has a video cam told me that he burned 2-3 avi files onto a dvd using the software that came with his cam. (note the avi files are not taken from the actual cam).
I thought this way I would use a lot less dvds, and also because I dont have so much space storing up all around 1 dvd per avi movie file I have.

I am not very familiar with all the technical features, but the last couple of weeks, browsing around the web, and also thanks to your forum I have learned lots.

Please can someone help me out. What program-software should I be using to do this procedure.

Also i want to do this procedure NOT on a cd because a standard cd has max 700mb. I want to use a dvd, is this possible?

Burn as a data disc (CD or DVD). Some of my players read CDs with avi files better than DVD with avi files (but I can fit at least12 episodes in each DVD).

Welcome to the forums es1974.

Yes, this is possible. All you have to do is burn the avi files as data onto your dvd. If you put several avi files on the disk, your dvd player should show you a list of files included on the disk, and allow you to choose which one to play.

I use ImgBurn for most of my burning needs these days. It is a very well respected, free program. www.imgburn.com

Once you have it installed, just click on Write Files/Folders to a Disc. This will bring up a window where you can browse to your files on your hard drive and add them to your compilation. I’ve included a picture showing how to look for your files.

Use good media and burn at a moderate speed. I recommend Verbatim 16x disks, burned at 8x or 12x speed.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2261040]Welcome to the forums es1974.

Yes, this is possible. All you have to do is burn the avi files as data onto your dvd. If you put several avi files on the disk, your dvd player should show you a list of files included on the disk, and allow you to choose which one to play.

I use ImgBurn for most of my burning needs these days. It is a very well respected, free program. www.imgburn.com

Once you have it installed, just click on Write Files/Folders to a Disc. This will bring up a window where you can browse to your files on your hard drive and add them to your compilation. I’ve included a picture showing how to look for your files.

Use good media and burn at a moderate speed. I recommend Verbatim 16x disks, burned at 8x or 12x speed.[/QUOTE]

Wow I tried it out and it worked!!!

Thanks so much, you don’t know how many forums I actually looked into to get this simple answer!!! Your forum is defintely the best!!!

Imgburn is a very easy to use program! Looks exactly like dvd decryptor.

So Nero would not have done this task right? Because I had tried it, and it kept telling me I have not put in a CD-R/RW.

Also one last question, is there a way I can make a directory for all the avi files?

Imgburn is a very easy to use program! Looks exactly like dvd decryptor.

Same author, LUK…

So Nero would not have done this task right?

You tried it!..

Also one last question, is there a way I can make a directory for all the avi files?

Why, your DVD/Divx player should display all the avi clips/videos…Not sure it’ll see a directory…

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2261040]Welcome to the forums es1974.

Use good media and burn at a moderate speed. I recommend Verbatim 16x disks, burned at 8x or 12x speed.[/QUOTE]

Oh no!!!
I did everything, on my computer everyhting looked great, I played it back on the media player, AND GREAT! but I now that I am home, I played it on my dvd player, and i half of the screen is a lime green color, and on the top part I see my video playing blurry…

What happened? My dvd player supports divx. Shouldnt it play this avi file?

Not [I]all[/I] DivX/Xvid AVIs are created equal, and [I]guaranteed[/I] to work on [I]every[/I] DivX certified player…
AVI ReComp is a useful tool to process some non-compatible AVIs…

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic352457.html

When the AVI was created, which video codec was used?

[U][B]Avi[/B][/U]

This is what we call a [B]Container[/B]

Usually the most common parameters are

[ul]
[li][B]Video[/B][/li][/ul]

• Frame Dimensions - [B]624 X 352[/B]
  • Codec - [B]XVID[/B]

[ul]
[li][B]Audio[/B][/li][/ul]

• MPEG-1 Layer 3
  • 48000HZ
  • Bitrate - 128kb Joint Stereo

:cool::cool:

I used imgburn to create an .iso of some episodes. I selected all files then created using the build function. It played on wmp. I then did the same thing again, but this time just clicked the folder where the episodes are and when asked if root directory something, I said no.
First time I played the second build, it worked fine. I even fast forwarded to a 2 hours into the video. Then it crashed. Everytime I try to play now using wmp (second build) it begins to play, has no sound and then crashes.
Any help?

What I am trying to do is take some .avi files which are in divx and mp3 for audio (I used G-Spot) and take these multiple files (they are different episodes of a tv show) and eventually burn them to disc. I did not burn to disc yet, just to my hard drive.

Any help? I am trying to do this without converting, as converting to dvd would take weeks.

Try playing the second compilation in another media player. VLC is a free and will play virtually anything, since it is self contained and doesn’t rely on outside codecs. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Another free one that is updated regularly and should work in a similar manner is Media Player Classic HomeCinema: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Burning the files to a disc as data should work ok, depending on what you are trying to play them on. As noted earlier in this thread, the configuration of the video and audio can vary tremendously and if you try to play them on a stand alone dvd player with avi support, you need the resolutions, fps, and audio and video codecs that your player expects to see in avi files. Playing them in VLC or MPC-HC on the computer should be much easier, and most combinations will work with them.

I am trying to use this so to use on a dvd player that plays divx. My files are 29.97 fts. I am trying to burn all episodes of a first season onto disc. I checked the files with g spot and it says
see attachment

Imgburn wants to change to joliet, which i use udf…

so i just did this again, and accidentally burned to disc instead of my hard drive (which i like to put on my hard drive until i have it right). Anyways, it plays with sound on pc using wmp but when i look into the files, they are just .avi files… do they need to be in .iso?

Unfortunately you’ve added a bit of information in there that prevents us from helping any further. It seems this is in a folder named Bittorrents, and the files are from a copyright protected tv series.

We can help with copies you make for yourself, including your own captures from tv broadcasts, but copies downloaded from sources that are not approved by the copyright holders are not a subject for discussion around here.

Take a look at our guidelines for copyright protected material: http://club.myce.com/f34/guidelines-copyright-protected-material-316049/#.UKmI0IaiWtc

(and one last parting gift: your fps is 25 in Gspot, and it looks like these are PAL resolution cut down to remove black bars)

So sorry, I am deleting now. Guess I don’t need to know how to do this. Don’t really think the videos I was going to make are copy protected, as I got them from the internet. But anyhoo, my apologies.

Copyright is a legal term, and has nothing to do with digital management protections that may be placed on a particular file. The owner of a copyrighted work has the right to control how it is distributed, and payment is usually involved in order to obtain such material legally. Downloading tv programs through torrents is not legal in most countries, and the specific rules of our forum prohibit discussion and help with these types of downloads.

If you had recorded the tv programs as they were broadcast, that would be different. Or if you owned the dvds or blu ray discs, you could make backups that we could help you with.

And there are many ways to download videos and music that are perfectly legal, usually by purchasing them, but there are some free sources also. We can help with legal downloads, even when they have drm placed on them to prevent you from making copies.

Ok, thank you so much on the clarification. Sounds good. Soorry for being a newb :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2664602] It seems this is in a folder named Bittorrents, and the files are from a copyright protected tv series. [/QUOTE]

I guess I’ll need to change my folder naming method .

I put all my TV programs I record as they are broadcast in two folders.
One named Bittorrents & the other THE NANNY -SEASON 1. :wink: :wink: :bigsmile:

I have folders named everything from aa AA to AAA to crapdontlookhere to lookhere to new to nooooo to yesss to maybe to blah blah blah… so much bs on pc’s they write what they want where they want.

I know this is off this topic . Due to a PM I will leave private . This is the source of my user name cane cholla cactus (Cylindropuntia imbricata) . Not to be confused with the urban slang word which has no basis in English or Spanish.