How to burn large size single file to dvd?

hi
anybody can help here…i have been trying to back up my data…i have single sized files of over 7GB in my laptop…i tried to burn it to dvd[9]… i tried cheetah dvd burner which i heard support[in udf] such file burning but my dvd drive got stuck 3 times n 3 dvds watsed as i couldnt finalize disc:bow:…it kind of stuck at 100% but dvd wont come out…any solution or which burner successfully burn these type of files…any help from anybody here:sad:

[QUOTE=Aliyans;1948491]hi
anybody can help here…i have been trying to back up my data…i have single sized files of over 7GB in my laptop…i tried to burn it to dvd[9]… i tried cheetah dvd burner which i heard support[in udf] such file burning but my dvd drive got stuck 3 times n 3 dvds watsed as i couldnt finalize disc:bow:…it kind of stuck at 100% but dvd wont come out…any solution or which burner successfully burn these type of files…any help from anybody here:sad:[/QUOTE]Never used Cheetah. I use ImgBurn(free) + Verbatim +R DL discs. IB works great for setting a layer break (.mds file). Recently i’ve been using a Lite-On DH-20A4P for DL burns.

With IB use build mode and then write mode. Works for me.

hi
its not image i’m trying to burn actually… its mkv[x264] file…will it work on imageburn?

[QUOTE=Aliyans;1948501]hi
its not image i’m trying to burn actually… its mkv[x264] file…will it work on imageburn?[/QUOTE]From Youtube or somewhere? I’m not sure but i don’t think IB will work for that sorry.

IB makes .iso files to burn with.

I also use IMGBurn for my DVD burns,however I’ve used CDBurnerXP to burn some x264 MP4’s on CD discs,worked great for me…haven’t tried burning to DVD disc though, but I’ll have to try it…good luck!..

[QUOTE=t0nee1;1948518]I also use IMGBurn for my DVD burns,however I’ve used CDBurnerXP to burn some x264 MP4’s on CD discs,worked great for me…haven’t tried burning to DVD disc though, but I’ll have to try it…good luck!..[/QUOTE]IB has some new features so DVD’s might not be all the new version will do :wink: but i’m unsure about .mkv files. I don’t have any to test. Someone can try it i guess see if the file will load.

Edit:
Where is LUK! when we need him :flower:

ImgBurn will never convert files like that, it’s not something I have any interest in!

I’m sure DVDFlick or ConvertXtoDVD would do the trick if you want to turn it into a DVD Video disc.

That said, I’m not sure the OP want’s to convert anything, just to burn the big file ‘as-is’ to a disc. If that’s the case, yes ImgBurn will work fine. Just ensure the file system is set to ‘UDF’ in Build mode.
Any problems beyond that are down to drive/media issues.

Yep, start build mode and burn it as DATA DL DVD.

Beisde the fact that this is nearly sure copyrighted material from a questionable source. :cop:

[quote=chef;1948880]Yep, start build mode and burn it as DATA DL DVD.

Beisde the fact that this is nearly sure copyrighted material from a questionable source. :cop:[/quote]
hi
No its my own the HD camcorder files i just made into x264 format for compression to record into dvd…but thats the size i got without in 720p in x264 format…image burn dont do it cheetah stuck at 100% n never finalize n eject disc…i have to try nero which i dont have…i think nero data dvd in udf format may work…i thought somebody know better…?thanx guys:cop:

What DVD media are you trying to burn onto? The brand would be good.

[QUOTE=Aliyans;1949257]hi
No its my own the HD camcorder files i just made into x264 format for compression to record into dvd…but thats the size i got without in 720p in x264 format…image burn dont do it cheetah stuck at 100% n never finalize n eject disc…i have to try nero which i dont have…i think nero data dvd in udf format may work…i thought somebody know better…?thanx guys:cop:[/QUOTE]

You wrote:

hi
its not image i’m trying to burn actually… its mkv[x264] file…will it work on imageburn?

So, what is wrong and whats not now???
Use the original file uncompressed and then convert it into a VideoDVD compatible format, means mpeg2 720x576 max res for PAL, 25fps…