How to Burn Large Music File

vbimport

I have a couple of “zipped” files, each lasting about 111 minutes go.
That is bigger than the 80 minutes that a CD can handle.
I am new in this matter and this is my first post. I want to burn those files audio files to a cd, how do I do it?

I use Nero 6 and other software and TDK burner (slightly aged). Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

You will have to cut the audio file into two peices to fit on the cd, no overburning would be able to stretch it that much. You can do this with your favorite audio editing program. For example, Cooledit, Audacity, Nero Wav editor just to name a few. Since you have nero, it will have the bundled wav editor and you can just use that.

thank you, kwkard. i will give a try.

You’re welcome. Post back and let us know how it worked out for you. And welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

kwkard,
thanks again for your suggestion. it took a while to figure out, but it works. it has to be done manually, by trial and error. it loads the long zip file, then i select about 70 minutes of it, “copy it to file.” when that is done, i highlight (select) the balance of the file (without changing the marking or division line), then copy it to file as part two.
it works. the only issue has to do with where to cut the music–it took 4 times to cut it right. i have to play the music to see where the break is.
is there a better way of making that determination where to cut? or, are there other software that would that?

PS
i tried Super MP3 Editor; it also works about the same way. so i uninstall it and return to Nero Wave Editor instead. Many thanks, again.