How to burn *.iso file?

vbimport

Which program to burn *.iso file?

CDRWIN !!!

:stuck_out_tongue: Eric

You could have searched for the answer, you might have found it already then…

To be honest, it is quite tiresome when people don’t use the search function, especially when the answer is found there:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=31214&highlight=burn+AND+iso
&
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=28188&highlight=burn+AND+iso
&
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=4499&highlight=burn+AND+iso
&
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=30994&highlight=burn+AND+iso

Usually I am friendly and helpful (this time I have been helpful, spent valuable time searching for you, something you could have easily done yourself), but since you are not a first time poster (though the ignorance of those can be annoying too, but I tend to give them some slack since they are new), you have been around a bit longer, judging from you 70+ posts, you should have known better.

I’ll get loads of negative response no doubt, but I had to speak my mind on this one…just once.

obviously this questin has been asked ad nausieum, and, i apologize for being annoying about it, but…

to continue this “iso” ideal… what exactly IS an iso file?

most times i’ve heard it referenced, it has to do with a windows or other OS cd, that people download from warez sites, or whatever, then burn to a cd using the above mentioned proper format. then, the cd becomes bootable.

however, im interested in ISOs that relate to computer games, like say red alert, or quake. if i download quake.iso, or redalertsoviet.iso (soviets and allies are the red alert teams, the regular package comes with two cds), what do i do with the iso?

i was planning on burning it to a disc using that cdrwin program i learned about hear, but… its not like i wanna boot my computer to the game.

different process? similar?

thanks for the help guys, much appreciated (and, again, i apologize if im the stereotype “newbie”)

Dang it I am goin to try this again… My stupid locked up at the wrong time when I tried to answer this.

These are all images created by different pieces of cd writing software. Sometimes cd’s can be booted from an ISO image(HINT
Windows XP RC1)

ISO
NRG
CCD, IMG, SUB
BIN/CUE

ISO - WINonCD, EZCD, etc…I think Isobuster can read them, WInimage
NRG - NERO (A CDfreaks favorite)
CCD, IMG, SUB Clonecd (A CDfreaks favorite thing to copy things with works well in a lot of flavor of burners. Extremely useful if you have kids and dont want there fingerprints and scratches all over the cd. But the burner MUST be supported by clonecd.

BIN/CUE - CDRwin, Fireburner

The image processes are all similiar except they vary in things that are read from the cd. Clone will most of the times make a perfect image. Samething with CDRwin. But they must be supported or its a wate of time.

I am going to eventually put together a tutorial for CDfreaks on how to use the different programs one of these days when I have time to create one. It might be all text baed with pictures I dont know yet.

hmm… thats cool…

so burning the ISO for this game onto a cd will actually be like copying every file to the cd. the cd sorta “thinks” its complete?

and, thus, ill be able to run the game from the cd?

(still a little confused on that part. how does one file act like 400, without being zipped??)

Originally posted by drkknght
[B]hmm… thats cool…

so burning the ISO for this game onto a cd will actually be like copying every file to the cd. the cd sorta “thinks” its complete?

and, thus, ill be able to run the game from the cd?

(still a little confused on that part. how does one file act like 400, without being zipped??) [/B]

You must see it’s like a folder. Only then it’s a file that keeps all the files from the original CD!
So you have like 1 file, the ISO, and that’s filled with the files from the orig cd. When you have a copy-protected cd you must think of the fact that the ISO may not be exactly the same. Therefore you must learn more about CloneCD which “can” make exact copies of copyprotected cd’s!

i bent my wookie!

heh :slight_smile:

i must learn of this “clone cd!” :slight_smile:

for now, tho, hopefully the iso of the game will be enough (ill burn it tonight and update the status here). if it works, red alert for everyone! :slight_smile:

thanks for all the help, guys

Originally posted by drkknght
i must learn of this “clone cd!” :slight_smile:

You can down it at Elby’s.
If you have question about CloneCD, here @ CDfreaks we have our own CCD forum, where you can post all your probs! Don’t forget that if you have a question that you can first try to use the SEARCH option, which may result in less time till you find your answer. :stuck_out_tongue: (Many questions have already been asked you know!)
The 1st thing you must know about CCD is that you must have the right hardware to make the best copies!
For further information goto the mentioned forum… :stuck_out_tongue:

Talking of a file with EXTENSION .ISO!!!
And I already found in on my own…

Originally posted by Digital Mayhem
Talking of a file with EXTENSION .ISO!!!
And I already found in on my own…

Yeah, that was obvious and the answer could be found in the links I quoted for you, no need to shout at me (us) like that.

It really motivates me to help people who are sooo grateful like you…, really invites me to help you next time :mad:

not shouting at you taxman. But people who give me the answer to use CloneCD???
That’s really something new…

Originally posted by Wookie

You must see it’s like a folder. Only then it’s a file that keeps all the files from the original CD!
So you have like 1 file, the ISO, and that’s filled with the files from the orig cd. When you have a copy-protected cd you must think of the fact that the ISO may not be exactly the same. Therefore you must learn more about CloneCD which “can” make exact copies of copyprotected cd’s!

Another way to look at ISO files is to call them a ‘disk image’, like a photo of the disk.

Long ago, there was a floppy copying utility called WinImage(and possibly many other similar progs) that did exactly the same thing. WinImage made an ISO image of the floppy disk that you could save to your hard drive, and then make copies of the floppy disk anytime you wanted, from the saved ‘image’ or snapshot, so to speak.

Linux and and most of the 'BSD operating systems are available for download as ISO images for making install CDs. Also, these OS’s usually offer boot and install floppy images that are ISO images and written to floppy with a DOS utility called rawrite.

'Voodoo

…AND, to directly answer the original question

In Nero, click File, Open, Browse to the saved ISO or NRG file and the CD Burn Dialog will open the file.

Pick a speed you burner will handle and off you go…it’s that simple.

To make an image in Nero, compile the CD as you desire, go to the Choose Recorder dialog and choose Image Recorder, then choose Burn. Nero will create a NRG image, which is basically an ISO image, except only Nero can use it.

Hope I’ve Helped

'Voodoo

Originally posted by RedVoodoo
[B]…AND, to directly answer the original question

In Nero, click File, Open, Browse to the saved ISO or NRG file …

Don’t forget to have Nero look for “all files” or it will only find .nrg files…

Of course I know how to copy disks. Where’s the xerox machine?