"How To Burn DVD Tha Will Be Compatible With All DVD Players"?

Hello Fellas…

I need some help real bad and would greatly apreciate it if I can get some Knowledge on how to burn DVD movies that will work in any DVD Player or XBOX or XBOX 360…

I just went to a friend house and tried to play the same movie that work in my Cyberhome DVD player(<<<this DVD player plays anything I put in it)…

but when I put the same Movie into the XBox 360 it came on the screen…could not read the Media…WTF?..and some other DVD players it does not Play either…What I’m I doing wrong?..

Please Help Me…

Should I just use ConvertXtoDVD???>…

Oh and I burn the Movie to a Memorex DVD-R and DVD + R and still the same results…should I get Better Quality DVD Disc’s…??..I thought Memorex was Kool…but I dont know…

if any one can direct me to a thread about this same topic…that would be kool too…because I know it been talk about here already maybe a million times…

Any Help will Be Appreciated…

Thanks Ahead…

MRBK

I used Winavi Converter to Convert to DVD then burn it…Is this a good Program to burn DVD’s???>

Try writing the dvd’s by using + dvd’s in booktype DVD format.

http://www.booktypefaq.com/

If you have ConvertXtoDVD I would use that rather than WinAvi for conversion tasks. There are some good free ones as well, like AVStoDVD, DVDFlick and FAVC. All of those will produce a finished dvd, ready to burn to a disk, and all can use ImgBurn to do the actual burn.

Memorex is not well regarded around here. They buy disks from any number of suppliers, and are simply not consistent in quality.

Get some Verbatim 16x…they are usually a safe bet. If your burner can do bitsetting, get the +R disks and bitset to DVDRom. If you are unsure, get the Verbatim -R disks. Burn at moderate speed. With these Verbatim that means 8x or 12x.

But there are no absolute guarantees on compatibility.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2260882]Try writing the dvd’s by using + dvd’s in booktype DVD format.

http://www.booktypefaq.com/[/QUOTE]

Oh Man Thanks For your Help…but what do you mean by Booktype DVD Format…where can i find this feature at?..

I understand that you say use DVD+R right?..Memorex should be Good huh?..

I just dont understand bookshelf dvd format…Im about to check the link you included though…

but if you dont mind Man please stick around and share the Knowledge you have…

Thanks…

MRBK

Memorex should be Good huh?
No.

[QUOTE=MRBK;2260896]Oh Man Thanks For your Help…but what do you mean by Booktype DVD Format…where can i find this feature at?..[/quote] Nero Burning Rom and other writing software.

I understand that you say use DVD+R right?..Memorex should be Good huh?..
Memorex is crap as Kerry already mentioned before.

I just dont understand bookshelf dvd format…Im about to check the link you included though…
The booktype format enhances the compatibility of your burnt DVD+R discs for dvd players.

Just DL DVD Decrypter

Ok I got to the Change Book type but …I don’t see the intials of my DVD burner…

I have an external Samsung…made by TSST…Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Coroporation…

What if my Burner doesn’t support ROM?..what can I do…???

What Are My Options Now?..

Memorex is crap as Kerry already mentioned before.

Ok since I know that they aint about Nothing Now…I figured that though…what do you suggest that I use?..Verbatim?..Sony?..

Some Berbatims Discs are pretty cheap to…but i have read here that they are pretty good quality Media…

MRBK

If your burner can do bitsetting, get the +R disks and bitset to DVDRom. If you are unsure, get the Verbatim -R disks. Burn at moderate speed. With these Verbatim that means 8x or 12x.

I usually burn at 4x when using WinAVi…Is that too slow or what??..I read the slowest speeds are best…

but I will go anb buy them Verbatim Discs…My Burner doesnt do bitsetting just as i thought after reading the back of the box it can in…

Any more things that I can Try…There gotta be another way…

or I just need to get me a little more better burner just for to have bitsetting feature…

But there are no absolute guarantees on compatibility.

That What I thought Kerry…and that what I already had in Mind…but just wanted the answer from some Knowledgeable Proffessionals…

MRBK

Sony is a good substitute if you can’t find Verbatim disks locally. Another good variety are Taiyo Yuden 8x +R disks, but those would have to be bought online at shops like rima.com or supermediastore.com

4x is a little slow with modern media and modern burners. Slowest is not always the best. Try one at 8x.

Try one at 8x.

Will Do…and Thanks Alot Kerry…You are a Great Mod Here I see…

and check out just what happen…I just tried to put a movie that I burnt(the same one that didnt work in at my Homies House in the xbox 360)…

I put the burnt movie into the old xbox and it came right on…then I treid another…and it came right on…I was like WTF???..

Im looking at the movie right now as I type…and it playing fine…

and guess what??..Its a Memorex DVD-R…and it work in the old Xbox…same results with a Sony DVD-R…they bot came right on…

It Crazy…It like you never Know…Some Will Some Won’t…

Thanks for the Help Kerry…I gotta make this site a normal stop for me from day to day…I love to learn…

MRBK

[QUOTE=MRBK;2260872]“How To Burn DVD Tha Will Be Compatible With All DVD Players”???[/QUOTE]

This is impossible because of “All”.

Sorry im a newbie but im try to understand the above, i 2 downloaded movie but cant play in certain dvds, is there a program that i have to use to be able to burn dvds? sorry im just lost

Hi dapathsi and wc to CDF…You’ll need to be a little bit more specific so we can help…Starting a new thread would have been the first thing to do…Ok!..:cool:

sorry but im such a newbie how do i start off with a new thread?

hi all

Choose the appropriate forum and hit the ’ NEW THREAD’ tab

Just go into the Newbie forum and click on the Ask Question or New Thread button near the top of the forum. Either one should work.

They look like this:

[QUOTE=dapathsi;2415728]Sorry im a newbie but im try to understand the above, i 2 downloaded movie but cant play in certain dvds, is there a program that i have to use to be able to burn dvds? sorry im just lost[/QUOTE]

What about BUYING them instead?